• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Backup QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

the backup qb spot will be the most important position for us next yr.  we are a completely different team when grothe isn't in there.  it seems as if the offense is tailored to grothe's style, and anyone else who is plugged in there (i.e.- julmiste) just doesn't allow the offense to slow as efficiently.  i think julmiste led us to 1 FG after almost an entire 2nd half of work.  whenever grothe gets hurt, i get REALLY worried.

who will be the backup next yr?  i hope we have something like the wvu's combo of jarret brown & pat white next yr.  brown seemed to have stepped in nicely for wvu as they beat rutgers.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Is Robert Marve reading this?

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

^^More than likely Adam Bednarik will be the backup next year, not Jarret Brown. Could be wrong, but White was actually Bednarik's backup before Bednarik hurt his shoulder (redshirted this season and had surgery.) If Bednarik's back to health, I anticipate him taking the backup spot, and taking some snaps since he's got a real powerful arm (him and White would be unstoppable together).

Oh yeah, for you football junkies out there, Chuck Bednarik (the guy the award's named after)- Adam's cousin.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Bednarik = NFL Legend !

And understands still lives a nice simple life. He was b4 my time, but seen lots of film on the moster!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Oh, the subject . . .  :P

This Spring Gregory will be #2, he was a very good QB in Ohio and played in state post season all-star games. Threw a TD to Ted Ginn, Jr of Ohio St. He will have some simple off-season surgery and hopefully we have 2006 RS'd.

Hopefully Severino will stay his 5th year, hear that his arm strength really is elevated.

We have not seen these 2 in game situations, but sure they will be getting plenty of reps in Spring. A #2 QB is a high priority. Hopefully we dominate games 1 & 2 in 2007 so they can get plenty of game reps.

Now the incoming FR ... seems like Voss is for sure and most likely will RS along with the possibility of Marve.

I feel good about our QB depth, but only time to show for sure.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If I'm not mistaken, Chuck Bednarik is the last true two way player.  Not only did he play LB, but I think he was a Center on the offense.  He has one of the nastiest hits in NFL history.  I wanna say he knocked pretty boy Frank Gifford out for an entire year via a lariat tackle.  Since then this style of tackle is not allowed.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulls better recruit  a jc qb  

no top qb is going to see on bulls' bench for 3 years

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am sure gregory can handle job

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  318

Maybe a blessing if Grothe takes it easy with his newly healed leg in spring.  Let the other QB's get lost of work in so we don't have to go into don't-loose-the-lead mode like we did in the 2nd half.