• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BULLS visit Children's Hospital

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Local Children’s Hospital Visit Highlights Day Three At Papajohns.com Bowl

Courtesy: USF

Release: 12/22/2006

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (Dec. 22, 2006) – On Friday morning, select University of South Florida football players and cheerleaders, Rocky the Bull and head coach Jim Leavitt had a chance to visit the Birmingham Children’s Hospital and spend some time with the patients and their parents.

The Hospital, which is the only dedicated freestanding children’s hospital in Alabama and Mississippi, welcomed players Pat Julmiste, S.J. Green, Stephen Nicholas and Pat St. Louis in addition to players and cheerleaders from East Carolina.

Julmiste, Green and Leavitt, along with the cheerleaders, met with patients in the lobby and gave out autographed footballs, USF pins and water bottles. St. Louis and Nicholas had the opportunity to go to different wards of the hospital to spend some time with patients that are bed-stricken.

Following the visit to the Children’s Hospital St. Louis, Nicholas and Leavitt represented the Bulls at a press conference before joining the rest of team, staff, administrators and local and corporate dignitaries at the bowls official luncheon.

Guests had the opportunity to hear local Birmingham legend, former quarterback and 1971 Heisman Trophy winner Pat Sullivan, and enjoyed keynote speaker – former University of Mississippi and New Orleans Saints quarterback – Archie Manning.

Manning stressed that both USF and East Carolina players enjoy their bowl experiences because those are the memories that will stick with the players for years to come.  

VIDZRQWJWWXEJHB.20061222224035.jpg

YTPCFZTHUSAZKSD.20061222224036.jpg

OSCBPAQXEYAMYCH.20061222224037.jpg

KVJNDWHDVGZYRTM.20061222224031.jpg

PYMXNYHEKFZLLKZ.20061222224042.jpg

MORE Pics:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATCLID=734671&SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&PALBID=6870

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I know that kid HAS to feel better with those two there!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

That is really great that they stopped by, I am Sure it made Those Kids day.  I know it would have made mine when i saw all the Hot Bull Cheerleaders ;D

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

^^Hey that's me! :) I really hope so....it was incredible to be a part of something like that, especially this time of year.  Thanks for the compliment :)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I know that kid HAS to feel better with those two there!

isnt that chicky?

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

chicky,

We hope you stay part of this board with you graduating. Been great having you on "board".

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Thanks ET!! I def plan on it! Not sure where my career is gonna take me (I'm gonna have to move out of this area, probably to another state), but I'll be doing my best to make it to as many bulls games as possible. Couple of the other sr cheerleaders and I were talking about going to Auburn next year so we'll see! Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome here! =)

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Thanks ET!! I def plan on it! Not sure where my career is gonna take me (I'm gonna have to move out of this area, probably to another state), but I'll be doing my best to make it to as many bulls games as possible. Couple of the other sr cheerleaders and I were talking about going to Auburn next year so we'll see! Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome here! =)

Trust me once you move out of the area this board takes on a whole new level of importance.