• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where does Carlton Hill go now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Do not agree.  Hill would be equal to Amarri and Marcus Edwards.  I think he would be behind Taurus Johnson.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

From what little we saw, I would expect him to fight for a starting spot and may get it with 4 wide sets. But would definately be in there in 2008.

We need 8 guys that can fight for a starting position.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

Posted by: E.T. Posted on: Yesterday at 5:12pm

From what little we saw, I would expect him to fight for a starting spot and may get it with 4 wide sets. But would definately be in there in 2008.

Greg's Blog said a couple of weeks ago that redshirt freshmen Carlton Mitchell, Jason Sherman, Ed Alcin and A.J. Love along with sophmore Jessie Hester were already expected to be pushing the returning players for playing time.

Greg also reported that Carlton Hill stated that if he came back it wouldn't be until the fall semester which gives these kids the chance to earn the available spots in spring practices.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

The thing is that we are really lacking a backup qb for next year.  I'd like to see Nate Allen get a look, but if he doesnt then I dont think Voss is ready, Gregory may just not be up to it, and Marve will want to redshirt and add weight.  Theres no reason Hill couldn't come in and at least challenge for the backup job, as long as he is willing to accept that role.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Now that UCF has committments from Weatherford and Greco,   it appears that they do not have any use for Carlton Hill at QB.   Does he come back here or does he look elsewhere so he can play QB?

who cares?

another headcase that blew a great opportunity

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

The thing is that we are really lacking a backup qb for next year.  

Definately a #2 with experience.

Gregory is suppose to be doing well during practice this season and hope to see a lot of him this Spring Game and the first 2 games of 2007.

Hoping Severino returns - he still has a year of elgibility left, but Greg mentioned in his blog that he may not return.

I seriously doubt that Allen would get reps at QB for only a possibility, especially since he'll most definately be on the 2 Deep at Safety.

Same for Hill(if he came back) he would exclusively be at WR.

And BULLieve that Voss' commit is strong and would obviously want to RS him.

We'll see a lot of Gregory this Spring and hopefully our concerns will be at ease - and hopefully don't need a #2 unless the game is a blow out - in our favor  8-)

And I don't put too much stock into his move in the Spring to Safety ... the situation was that Hill was "given" the #1 spot(which I still scratch my head over -but that's another issue). The you had GrothE and Julmiste ... he knew his chance of getting on the field was minimal, so a move to Safety in this situation would have been attractive - rather than sitting on the bench. But things worked out and he moved back to QB in the fall.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

gregory should be more than ready