• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Paul Finebaum 11 min. interview with CJL on 12/15

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Go to www.finebaum.com, see link near bottom of page.

Sorry if previously posted.

;)

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Go to www.finebaum.com, see link near bottom of page.

Sorry if previously posted.

;)

Try this link: www.finebaum.com , the other one had a typo.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Interesting comment by CJL:

When asked about money games, he said that we have never scheduled money games, rather just to get exposure.  Then he went on to say that the Auburn game was going to be the last game without a home and home.  Are we going to drop the Gators or was it just an oversight?

Also Finebaum, was asking CJL that if its harder to schedule teams now that we are not the punching bags that we used to be to the Alabamas, Arkansas, etc.  wtf?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Nothing wrong with the punching bag question.  It is totally valid.  If you recall, we got beat up pretty good in most of those games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

it is for the Bama game-- we came out punching in the first half

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

At the end when Finebaum mentioned how close Alabama was to getting CJL, it made me cringe.  I hope CJL has more patience than I do concerning waiting for alumni support and increased fan base.  That and not money will be what lures a great coach like JL from USF to some larger program.  I'll say again that the USF alumni and students are not holding up their end of the relationship and that is not referring to the people on this board who are for the most part, very dedicated fans.  We won't become a premier program without a large fan base with some sold out games and at least selling our allotment of bowl tickets (that's the minimum folks.........if we don't hit it, we suck as a whole unless of course the game is scheduled in Hawaii - that's the anomolie).  People who pull out statistics to say that our 4,400 ain't bad are living in their own private Idaho! When 10,000 is the number and all you do is 4,400, that's bad.  I think we can all assist in improving that number and I know that this board goes a long way in doing exactly that (way to go thebullspen.com).  Bottomline, we can't expect great things from the AD, coaches and team but be forgiving of the alumni and students when they don't show for a great on field product.  Enough of the rant - GO BULLS :GoBulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I hope CJL has more patience than I do concerning waiting for alumni support and increased fan base.  That and not money will be what lures a great coach like JL from USF to some larger program.

Agree 100% ... but it's just not "patience", I BULLieve it's just plain LOVE for this program.

He will never leave.

P.S. Great Rant !  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Interesting comment by CJL:

...Auburn game was going to be the last game without a home and home.  Are we going to drop the Gators or was it just an oversight?

Also Finebaum, was asking CJL that if its harder to schedule teams now that we are not the punching bags that we used to be to the Alabamas, Arkansas, etc.  wtf?

I would also imagine it was just an oversight ... and don't have a problem with the "punching bag" question, accurate at the time.

Thanx for the link Bleacher !