• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LB Recruiting

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Yahoo/Rivals:

Unless there is some significant change between now and the end of January 2007, nearly two years of hard work by the Bulls' staff should equate to Tallahassee's McCaskill brothers suiting up for USF in 2007.

Center Kevin McCaskill was part of the Bulls recruiting class last February. He failed to reach a qualifying test score, but has been dogged in pursing his academic goals. He now lives in Tampa, has captured the necessary classroom requirements and will enroll at USF in January.

Younger brother Keith McCaskill, a promising linebacker prospect who just finished a stellar senior year at Godby High, was offered by USF Head Coach Jim Leavitt last year while he was recruiting Kevin. Although Colorado State and Illinois remain very much in the mix, the Bulls might be hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Georgia LB/DE sets up official visit to USF

By Jeffrey Lee, AuburnSports.com Editor – Rivals.com

Lithonia (Ga.) Martin Luther King DE/LB Patrick Hampton has three of his five official visits already set. The 6-foot-2, 210-pounder will visit Purdue, South Florida and Auburn, all in January.

"I have three official visits set up. I'm going to Auburn, South Florida and Purdue. I'm going to Purdue Jan. 12, South Florida Jan. 19 and Auburn on the 26th," he said.

Hampton has offers from both Purdue and South Florida, but is still awaiting the one from Auburn.

Recruiting coach Terry Price and defensive coordinator Will Muschamp have been by to visit with him in the last two weeks.

"I talked to coach Price last week. He came with coach Muschamp the week before that," said Hampton. "They came by the school and talked to me about everything. Coach Price came by the school the next week, too. They haven't offered me, yet, but I'm on their priority list."

Hampton finished his senior season with 73 tackles, 11 sacks, seven forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and five blocked field goals. He was named Region 2 Defensive Player of the Year for Class 5A.

"Auburn is recruiting me at linebacker, but I could play defensive end, too. I can play both," he said.

Hampton attended the Tigers' game against LSU on an unofficial visit. He plans to return to AU next week for another unofficial.

"They want me to come to the campus and show me as much interest as possible," said Hampton. "I'm going to a bowl practice next week once school gets out."

Hampton hopes the offer from the Tigers comes. He's willing to wait as long as it takes.

"Auburn is the school I've always wanted to go to, even in middle school. Right now, if they do (offer), it would be a blessing," he said.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

nice....all three of those teams generally have good defenses and good LB's

the kid must be good

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

I think Spires will be a solid addition. When losing two seniors, it's good to get in a JC player with some experience playing in a leadership position.

And word around the campfire is that he very well could start in St. Louis position ... but we also have Mompremier. I feel our entire 2 Deep for the Defense is strongest in the Big East !

And we'll see how we match up against Auburn ... Ready for them !

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Hampton hopes the offer from the Tigers comes. He's willing to wait as long as it takes.

"Auburn is the school I've always wanted to go to, even in middle school. Right now, if they do (offer), it would be a blessing," he said.  

sounds like we are second fiddle to Aub , not a bad place to be after 10 yrs. Hope we get him, if not we will be fine at LB or DE.

how did we get on to him anyway?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Coaches seem to be working Georgia quite a bit this year.