• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the year 2009

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Who gives a crap about his size (height or weight)?  He's producing the NUMBERS.  9-4 Bowl Bound.....Nuff said.

(For those that aren't smart enough to make the connection.....That includes the bowl game win.)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

I think Grothe will be wearing a BULLS Jersey his senior year.  I guess there are pros and cons to both finishing his senior year and going to the NFL

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

flipflop,

I understand your frustrations (I am only 5'7") throughout my WHOLE life, 1st description of me involved "he's small".

However, Michael Vick is in another league with his speed and Grossman broke quite a few NCAA records as a sophomore.

In most cases with an undersized (below 6'1") QB that is the 1st thing that people are going to point out.

No doubt that if Matt keeps at his current pace he'll have a spot at the next level. I wouldn't worry about the criticism.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

it depends on the progress of USF and the reputation/media attention it gets.

Bear in mind, the NFL prototypical QB is 6'3"+

It's a stupid way to evaluate someone-- I agree-- but if lack significant push from the media or our school is "meh" according to th old school line of thinking-- you might get skipped in the draft.

Long way to go and we'll see. I know that Marquel never got a fair shake in the NFL and he actully outperformed the draft pick. But when it comes down to it== these GM's and coaches will cut  player to save face if they drafted a QB ahead of some free agent. Here's to hoping Matt continues his great play, gets even better, and finds his way into a high draft selection whenever that day comes.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I dont want to hear the height thing agian!! Matt is the same as vick, grossman, garcia....so I heard that when he came here and all the he's not tall enough to play d-1 and it really gets old. I think he is playing now in D-1 ball and has his size been any problem??? >:( >:(

"bartender , another double scotch here for Mr. Flutie here while he  settles his nerves...  "

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't think it would be in Matt's best interest to leave USF before he gets his degree.  Even assuming he goes into the draft, and has the chance to prove himself in the NFL, it is still hard going.  Having the diploma is a must for his future...NFL or not.  Besides, being a little bit selfish, I'd love to see him running the team forever.  LOL

Flip, you did a great job with Matt.  He will make the right decision for himself.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

play senior year

he isnt nfl material yet by a long shot

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

joe I am really not frustrated. I am very happy and content with Matts time at USF

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

I don't think it would be in Matt's best interest to leave USF before he gets his degree.  Even assuming he goes into the draft, and has the chance to prove himself in the NFL, it is still hard going.  Having the diploma is a must for his future...NFL or not.  Besides, being a little bit selfish, I'd love to see him running the team forever.  LOL

Flip, you did a great job with Matt.  He will make the right decision for himself.

If Matt got a really great deal from the NFL it would be hard to pass that up,  you can always go back to school and finish up your degree but if you get injured you might not have a future any more in football at least at the Pro level.  I really hope that he does graduate and then persue The NFL options