• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do we stack up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

i never trust the whole star rankings

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's not perfect but for USF I look more at regional rankings. We're not going to have too many 4+ star guys signing with us at this point in the recruiting season because they are hoping for good situations at the bigger schools.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

DO NOT pay any attention to the stars!

I always say the stars are for amatuers and people who only pay attention to recruiting the day after signing day.

Get informed, stop putting everything on STARS

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

we clearly get a lot of underrated guys, stars wise, so i'm not worried.  we have a lot of good recruits coming in already.  

the one good thing a high star recruit would seem to do is get us publicity and more confidence for other players.  still overcoming people being fans of other schools because of family traditions and the last few decades performances.  a lot of top recruits just favor those other schools.  they'll come around.  next few years should be showcase years for our school.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

DO NOT pay any attention to the stars!

I always say the stars are for amatuers and people who only pay attention to recruiting the day after signing day.

Get informed, stop putting everything on STARS

Josh, I do not disagree as I believe our staff is able to identify talent that others may have overlooked.  However, in all fairness, don't stars drive the whole public interest in the recruiting process?  Knowing a player is good is subjective but put stars next to his name and now it has an aura of scientific certainty.  If stars do not mean anything at all why do Scout and Rivals use them?  Solely for entertainment value?

Josh, not meaning to flame or be disrespectful just thought your statement was interesting.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  563

Yes I think it is mostly for entertainment.Alot of players are bumped up or down depending on what school they choose.Some players are rated higher depending on what classification the player  is in.Another thing is there is no way Rivals and Sscout evaluated every H.S. SR.PLus the top J.R. list the always put out.Then throw on top of that the Juco ranks.Another thing I think is some highly rated recruits have already reached most of thier potenial.When they get to the college level thers no more room to grow.