• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dawsey, Clark happy to stay at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There is a MAJOR difference between what Saban said and what Dawsey said. Saban flat out said he wasn't a candidate for the Alabama job.

Dawsey said there was nothing to the rumors (typical coachspeak) Do you really expect a position coach to be talking about another job a week before our bowl game? If he had imagine the uproar amongst fans. He handled it like he should have. Which was the OPPOSITE of Nick Saban.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Saban was in the middle of a season, I really don't see anything wrong. Although he should have just said no comment and if they asked again, leave the press room.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

Dawsey said there was nothing to the rumors (typical coachspeak)

No, that's not typical coachspeak. Coachspeak is dancing around the subject... "I love it here", "USF has been great to me", yada yada yada. Dawsey flat out lied. There WAS something to the rumor.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Could be that the guy wanted to protect his job until a better offer was finalized. (You think?)  I am sure all us "take the high road" guys go right in and tell our current bosses that I am looking for something better, but if it doesn't turn up we plan to stay. Geez, use you head, what the hell do you expect them to say?  

He found a better job, more power to him.  You would do the same.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

No, that's not typical coachspeak. Coachspeak is dancing around the subject... "I love it here", "USF has been great to me", yada yada yada. Dawsey flat out lied. There WAS something to the rumor.

dawsey lied and cant coach

good riddance

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I disagree, he's a position coach who was a week away from a bowl game. I don't mind what he said.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

I disagree, he's a position coach who was a week away from a bowl game. I don't mind what he said.

I don't mind what he said either but don't try to put some vast separation between what he said and what Saban said. They both lied...