• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pirates still buzzing about bowl matchup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

west-central-maybe-slightly-southern Florida has ever heard of.

I still don't understand how the school with the worst directional name is making fun of ours.   And that represents what's wrong with the ECU fan base.  They think they are superior than a team that beat 'em 3 out of 3, they belittle USF for having a directional name that they don't understand, yet at least people can tell what state we are located in by looking at our name. They are making fun of our fan base and yet after 30+ years of football it looks like you are only going to bring a couple of thousand more fans than us. You say we have no history, yet we proved to you that history doesn't matter when playing a game.  Just save face and talk about the upcoming matchup and forget the rest of the other stuff.  

I have a suggestion...Ignore jackasses that have nothing better to say than silly directional crap...It really must tick the hell out you guys...some of these guys have figured it out and it seems that thats the only thing they can pick on you about since USF whipped us 3 times...You can call us whatever...My skin is pretty thick...Just DONT dare us Eastern Carolina...our I WILL DECLARE WAR!!!!!!! ;D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Hey, it's ok ECU fans. It's always nice to dream and wish for things like the big boys have! We have them and it's way cool! Why don't you ask Santa this year for your school to make you a D1 Middie, instead of a D1 duddy! But keep wishing ECU, because you'll know what and how the big boys play come Dec. 23rd.     The Reaper

Perhaps, but this year's team was very different from last year, MUCH weaker.

Ok Mike...I give...Ill say it so you will be happy..ECU beat a really crappy NC State team that you guys would have beaten by a much wider margin.  In fact the team that shut USF out last year would have beaten us by at much wider margin than they beat USF...and its very likely that ECU will lose to USF in the Pizza Bowl...

But...Maybe not..Il be there to see...I wont cry if we lose and I wont gloat if we happen to upset USF....Why...because Ive seen this all before watching my team for 30+ years. 8-)

Hey, it's ok ECU fans. It's always nice to dream and wish for things like the big boys have! We have them and it's way cool! Why don't you ask Santa this year for your school to make you a D1 Middie, instead of a D1 duddy! But keep wishing ECU, because you'll know what and how the big boys play come Dec. 23rd.     The Reaper

We will always dream and strive to be the best we can be....I dont know anyother way to improve...I dont understand anyone holding against us for wanting to step forward...Hell...We dont deserve squat.  Its got to earned and quite frankly...We havent earned anything in the past 5 to 6 years...hopefully the bad years are behind us....We will see...I still think we have a lot to offer the BE and hopefully in the next couple of years we can prove it....I dont believe in silly trash talk and dont participate in it...You beat us...Ill congratulate you...I learned a long time ago how bad humble pie tastes 8-)

Finally!!! Finally!!! I have brought out a sensible, sane, and intelligent ECU fan!!! Thank you!!! Upperdeck, you have my respect. Yes we ALL have to work for what we get, and it's obvious ECU has done it this year to attain a bowl invite. And my friend if the tables are turned I too will be the first to say good job. You have a great B Ball coach in Bobby. He always came over to say hi to us every game. We would razz him all the time and he'd laugh and smile all the while. Good rep for your school. Anyways, good luck and thanks for being the honest one in the bunch.   Reaper

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64

Finally!!! Finally!!! I have brought out a sensible, sane, and intelligent ECU fan!!! Thank you!!! Upperdeck, you have my respect. Yes we ALL have to work for what we get, and it's obvious ECU has done it this year to attain a bowl invite. And my friend if the tables are turned I too will be the first to say good job. You have a great B Ball coach in Bobby. He always came over to say hi to us every game. We would razz him all the time and he'd laugh and smile all the while. Good rep for your school. Anyways, good luck and thanks for being the honest one in the bunch.   Reaper

Who is Bobby?  We've never had a coach named Bobby.

And you think you're a "big boy"???? Please.  What an arrogant ass you are.  You were right with us "D1 duddy's" 2 years ago.  Give me a break.

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

This has turned into a pissing match.  Can this be moved or something?  The Dumbgeon might be a better place for this stuff.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I think the initial reaction to this matchup (and one ECU fans still dont understand) is as USF fans ECU, and CUSA to some extent, is more of a been there done that situation. We were just comming off of the high of beating WVU, and looking at maybe the Texas bowl, but more than likely a CUSA Southern Miss team that we wanted revenge against. So when ECU got the bid it kinda was a buzz kill.

Are you a different team then two years ago? Sure. Do I think USF has the better team? Hell yes. But there is a reason you play the game. We have done plenty of upsetting and been upset ourself. Either way the players on the field will decide the outcome.

I don't understand how USF can complain about who their bowl opponent is.  You've only been to 1 bowl and haven't won one.  To say you are "disappointed" that you are playing ECU smells of an arrogance that you certainly shouldn't have at this point.  I understand the whole 0-3 thing but if your fanbase can't rally around any bowl, regardless of opponent, you have issues.

Now you'll know going forward that you have to finish 3rd or better or you'll be playing "lowly" "CDOA" teams or even worse.

I'm sorry you don't understand.  We were already bowl eligible and had 7 wins to gaurantee a bowl, ok?  We were heading to this papajohns bowl alread, ok?  With me so far?  Then we beat a top 10 team in WVU that without a loss to UL in a great game would have been #2 in the nation.  Result?  The same bowl we would have gone to anyway.  And who do we play?  A team we played in the C-USA that I didn't know about then and still don't know much about (because I'm a collage football fan, not an encyclopedia).  Oh, and we are 3-0 against the team, meaning if we lose there's nothing gained.  If we played another BCS team that we have never played there would be a sense of accomplishment, more than just winning a bowl game.

I think you could modify that statement to also include a C-USA team like S. Miss, who we do have a history/"rivalry" with from our days in C-USA.  Despite the same conference affiliation, there would be a world of difference between USF playing SMU instead of ECU in the Pizza Bowl.

yeah, I agree, and I thought about including them but ended up deleting it.  i guess the main point is that there are a lot of teams we'd rather play if we were to win.  but since we are playing a team we are favored against we need to win it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

This has turned into a pissing match.  Can this be moved or something?  The Dumbgeon might be a better place for this stuff.

some good stuff in here.  some ECU people aren't stupid  :)

Proves my point assclown, Jersey Barney. YOU are the ECU fan that only wants to start she-at. No wonder. You are probably from North Jersey too, right? Listen pal, I lived in So. Jersey for 12 years, so I know your kind! And YES you are right on one thing. It was Charlotte I was thinking of, ie: Bobby Lutz,a class act of a better team. (By the way in your failed attempt to piss anyone off, you failed to see I complimented upperdeck). You can't even hold a candle to his class. My statement was made to find the true fan. You took the idiot bait hook, line, and sinker. Gotcha! NOW, if you want to talk about civil matters about the contest, istead of pissin in the wind to only get most of it on ya, I would be most gracious to exchange pleasantries and info on the game.    The Reaper