• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL is doing well in ticket sale for the bowl game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Kudos to the people of "The Ville"...great showing for the Big East.

There's a big difference between the Orange Bowl and the Pizza Bowl.

http://www.orangebowl.org/tickets.php

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

It is great for the BIG EAST to have this kind of support because it is going to help in the long run when the next bowl contracts come up. Hopefully, USF can get close to selling 10k for the Bham bowl. I believe the BHAM bowl would be ecstatic if we had about 8k to 10k tickets sold for their first ever bowl game. I know WVU will do well in ticket sales for the Gator Bowl now that Rich Rod is staying. I believe Rutgers will have a good showing at the Texas Bowl.  Cincy and USF will not have great sales, but hopefully we can both have a respectable showing.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Can we get someone in athletics to give us a number we have sold so far and whats being done to promote more sells?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

when will the bowl contracts be reworked?

the big east really got screwed over in their bowl deals.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Can we get someone in athletics to give us a number we have sold so far and whats being done to promote more sells?

No kidding!  I cannot believe tickets have been selling for almost a week and we haven't heard the first figure relative to tickets sold.

My guess, then, is that it's poor enough to where they do not want to announce it yet.

::)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you L'ville, after last year's Gator Bowl some were worried. However, even with 25k tickets sold the Orange Bowl is STRUGGLING. Wake is a very very small school with a limited alumni base. They're predicting an attendance around 50,000 right now.

Tickets are still available on ticketmaster, they are going on ebay for 30 bucks, the brokers are losing hundreds.

The good news for the brokers. The average ticket price right now to the National Title game? $1700 per seat. Both Ohio State and Florida had bigger boosters who didn't even come close to the cut off for tix.

The Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl are doing well also. Suprisingly the Fiesta Bowl is hanging in there.

I;ll get those ticket sales numbers up that I have when I get time.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Tickets are still available on ticketmaster, they are going on ebay for 30 bucks, the brokers are losing hundreds.

hum...they are going for $100 or so from what I'm seeing, but I suppose your point is still valid.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Thank you L'ville, after last year's Gator Bowl some were worried. However, even with 25k tickets sold the Orange Bowl is STRUGGLING. Wake is a very very small school with a limited alumni base. They're predicting an attendance around 50,000 right now.

The good news for the brokers. The average ticket price right now to the National Title game? $1700 per seat. Both Ohio State and Florida had bigger boosters who didn't even come close to the cut off for tix.

The Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl are doing well also. Suprisingly the Fiesta Bowl is hanging in there.

I;ll get those ticket sales numbers up that I have when I get time.

Yeah...the OB got screwed when Wake Forest won the ACC Championship Game.

Even if everyone who has ever been connected to Wake Forest Football bought an Orange Bowl Tix...Wake would still have some tix left over to sell.

It's definitely their highlight of their football program career...but being the smallest school in Div I-A Athletics...that doesn't help sell BCS Bowl Tix.