• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball complaining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

(9-7)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Let's ask USF legend Reggie Kohn  what he thinks of Mac.  Something tells me he agrees with me.   ::)

As for him beating however many top 25 teams in 3 years: How many times have previous coaches lost to the likes of BCC, TAMUCC, Richmond etc.  The horrible losses Mac has suffered during his tenure greatly outweigh the sparse victories over top 25 programs.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

As for him beating however many top 25 teams in 3 years: How many times have previous coaches lost to the likes of BCC, TAMUCC, Richmond etc.  The horrible losses Mac has suffered during his tenure greatly outweigh the sparse victories over top 25 programs.  

Let's see, Seth lost to the likes of St Francis of NY, Boston U., and Weber State. Every coach loses to teams that you would think we should beat. I'm sure Paschal had some pretty bad losses in his first 4 years as well, but he ended up taking us further than any coach has.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Almost comical how anyone could defend this guy.

God bless any company that ever hired any of you to make tough personal decisions.

You guys would go to the Owner and say "but he had a tough divorce..  and then there was the death of his grandmother -- on top of that he ran into some unexpected debt"

totally laughable.

He was hired to win basketball games and graduate student athletes and any objective view point would render a verdict of "F."

He should have been let go last year, but woolard wanted to let this carnival go for one more year.

Anything short of a big east tournament trip and he will %100 be fired.   I am not sure a trip to the conference tourny saves him.  I have to believe that woolard has higher standards then that.

In the words of the Donald -- "This has been a total disaster"

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

The guy has lost 43 of the 50 conference games he has coached.

That is not a "we had injuries" stat. That is not a "tough run of bad luck."  That is not a "we inherited a bad program" number.

That is flat out not getting the job done.  The only that even remotely shows any positive was his run to the conference semis the second year. BUT! his conference record that year was abysmal then -- we went freakin 5-11 folks.

1-15 , 5-11, 1-15.  

That is not winning basketball games.

Salt it down, Butter it up, Bake it, Fry it, Toast it, Marinate it.  The guy has NEVER won here.  Never.

Coaches don't keep thier jobs when they only win 7 of thier first 50 conference games.

(taking a deep breath)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Let's ask USF legend Reggie Kohn  what he thinks of Mac.  Something tells me he agrees with me.   ::)

Just one more thing you're wrong about .... unless you want to call a USF legend a liar .... which I wouldn't put past you.

Kohn: Leaving was simply personal

Addressing his abrupt resignation Sunday as USF's director of basketball operations, former Bulls star Reggie Kohn said Tuesday his departure shouldn't be taken as any reflection on coach Robert McCullum or his program.

"Things happen and come up in your life and you have to make decisions that are very tough," Kohn said. "[highlight]I want people to know that 100 percent, this has nothing to do with Coach McCullum. I absolutely respect and love Coach and his staff."[/highlight]

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2006/12/index.html

He's only had two losses that knowledgable basketball people may deem "horrible", FIU and BCC last year. Not surprising you don't see it the same way they do ...

(9-8).......My buddy pointed out last night the offense. Basketball analyst on here, what is that ?  It looks like 5 guys standing around looking at each other. No movement or anything. I had a good time last night, but peope are not going to show up and watch performances like that on a consistent basis.      

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

(9-8).......My buddy pointed out last night the offense. Basketball analyst on here, what is that ?  It looks like 5 guys standing around looking at each other. No movement or anything. I had a good time last night, but peope are not going to show up and watch performances like that on a consistent basis.      

Especially if they have to pay.  Im thinking about breaking out the old school ID pretty soon.  

(10-9)