• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Med Center Inn B'Ham $69/night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Anybody staying there or know anything about it???  I checked it out, and it is just a few blocks from Five Points, and only 2.3 miles to the stadium according to Mapquest.  Read some reviews and most of them were complimentary.  Figure I might be in my hotel for about 8 hours per night, so why pay a crapload of money for a free muffin and cup of coffee in the morning.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

Pretty good choice if you have your own car.  It's a short drive to either Legion Field or 5 Points from where you are.  It's literally RIGHT off the interstate.  As you're coming from the south on I-65, you get off at the University Blvd exit and as your veer around the curve, the hotel is the first building on the right at the light.  It's right on the west side of the UAB Campus, but during the weekend of the bowl, that should be no issue as most students will be out of town or off campus for the Christmas holidays.

Cool, thanks for the advice.  Hopefully we aren't the only Bulls fans staying there!  Like I said, if it's a halfway decent place to crash, and from what you say, it is, then for the price and location it seems to make a lot of sense.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476

I think it is the only hotel left in downtown that has double beds. I booked a room there earlier today and am encouraging others to do so also!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73

Those of you that like Waffle House might also like this hotel... there's a Waffle House right attached to the hotel basically.  Again, it's not near anything terribly fun, but it is within a short drive of some fun places and it's in a great location right off the interstate.

there's a Waffle House right attached to the hotel basically.

SCORE!!!!  Hopefully 24x7.......though I don't think I've ever seen one that isn't.

I'm organizing a Post-5 Points / Pre-game pep rally in the Waffle House at 3am Saturday morning.