• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 Point Favorites Turns into a 10 Pt Loss

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Andy you do realize the game was on TV right?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover
How does this stack up for ya?

Back to back loses at home to Marist & Radford and a win vs South Florida.

Anything wrong with that picture?

you do realize that Marist is not a bad team this year, they are pretty good, and won some tourny with some pretty good teams in it.  we had an off night shooting, no other excuse, you can't put it on Mac, he wasn't out there shooting the ball.  and Randy, you were not at this game, you have no right to say anything.

I can say what ever I want. I'm glad I didn't waste a sick day on this performance. Although the performance made me sick. It's okay USF basketball will be on the right path once we end the CRM circus.

no, you weren't at the game, you don't know what was going on out there, except from what one person tells you on the board.  you don't know that they players played their hearts out until the final second, you don't know that the players had an off day shooting.  you don't know those things, and it happens to the best of them. so shut the hell up, if you don't go to a game, you cannot make judgements on the game, especially from what one person who hates Mac says.

you know the game was on the radio, by your logic I can't say anything about our loss to cincy or kansas either since I wasn't there?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

yes i know it was on t.v. and the radio, but if somebody is working, they will not be able to listen or watch it at all.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

You can talk about it. Talk about the poor FT shooting. Talk about the poor field goal shooting. Talk about how we were in it with 2 minutes left depsite the two major factors above. Talk about the match-up problem we had with their post player that could pop outside and hit the three. Talk about Richmond shooting over 50 percent from three point range (an abberation). Just don't come on here and talk about how this was somehow CRM's fault, he can't go out onto the court and shoot the FT's for them. Talk away, just don't spin.

This is where I strongly disagree with the pro-CRM crowd on this board.  I have never suggested we fire CRM on this board or any other board, but when a basketball team looses (or wins) it is ALWAYS the head coaches fault.  If you are the captain of a ship and the ship runs aground, it is your fault.  It doesn't matter if the maps are wrong, the GPS failed, it wasn't your watch time, your kids called, etc etc.  When USF looses to teams they should easily beat it is most definitely CRM's fault.  

What I will say is that when a BE basketball team is loosing year after year to teams like Richmond and Bethune Cookman some serious action needs to be considered.  

I am not pro-CRM. I am just saying that the game plan tonight was good enough to win had the players executed. We left soooo many points on the floor tonight it was not even humerous. I agree that USF needs to step things up, but this program has had REALLY REALLY bad luck. Player blows out two ACLs, another blows out achilles, another blows out ACL, player dies of cancer, good recruit has a heart attack.....there is not a coach short of Coach K that could win consistently with this type of adversity. I understand that eventually CRM head will probably roll as a result of the bad fortunes of this team. What I take exception with is the pure hatred these vile flammers wait to unleash after every USF loss. CRM had them in a position to win tonight, they just failed to show up and execute.

How does this stack up for ya?

Back to back loses at home to Marist & Radford and a win vs South Florida.

Anything wrong with that picture?

or the win at WVU. I wasn't there so I cant say how great it was. This guy makes remarks all the time that dont add up. Don't pay him any mind.

you do realize that Marist is not a bad team this year, they are pretty good, and won some tourny with some pretty good teams in it.  we had an off night shooting, no other excuse, you can't put it on Mac, he wasn't out there shooting the ball.  and Randy, you were not at this game, you have no right to say anything.

I can say what ever I want. I'm glad I didn't waste a sick day on this performance. Although the performance made me sick. It's okay USF basketball will be on the right path once we end the CRM circus.

no, you weren't at the game, you don't know what was going on out there, except from what one person tells you on the board.  you don't know that they players played their hearts out until the final second, you don't know that the players had an off day shooting.  you don't know those things, and it happens to the best of them. so shut the hell up, if you don't go to a game, you cannot make judgements on the game, especially from what one person who hates Mac says.

you know the game was on the radio, by your logic I can't say anything about our loss to cincy or kansas either since I wasn't there?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

After watching the game tonight, I saw a very stagnant offense, that lacked screens on and off the ball.  Very little passing into the interior, and numerous breakdowns on defense due to Richmond's weak side screens.  The team has to do a better job of producing some motion on offense and create a post presence.  Lastly, there was also little communication between the players to inform each of screens and switches.  The team played very poorly tonight.  USF appeared to be quicker, however, USF was unable to use it to their advantage.  In my opinion USF should have pushed the ball upcourt quicker to make the game more up tempo for USF utilize their speed advantage.

yes i know it was on t.v. and the radio, but if somebody is working, they will not be able to listen or watch it at all.

well i do have a tv in my office. I am watching it right now. It has been a slow night. If it was busy I wouldn't have been able to watch it. I did though see about 34 of the 40 mins.

After watching the game tonight, I saw a very stagnant offense, that lacked screens on and off the ball.  Very little passing into the interior, and numerous breakdowns on defense due to Richmond's weak side screens.  The team has to do a better job of producing some motion on offense and create a post presence.  Lastly, there was also little communication between the players to inform each of screens and switches.  The team played very poorly tonight.  USF appeared to be quicker, however, USF was unable to use it to their advantage.  In my opinion USF should have pushed the ball upcourt quicker to make the game more up tempo for USF utilize their speed advantage.

were you at the game? Otherwise Andy says you cant talk.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

They were getting the ball in to the low post with some consistency. The problem is that Richmond was playing a really soft defense, challenging us to beat them from the outside. The result....a 39% shooting night from the field and 40% from the line. We were down by 5 with 2:30 left despite the horiffic shooting. There were definitely periods in the game where our execution was poor and there was a lot of ball watching, but we still should have won easily.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Mac supporters are not out in force tonight, maybe they are seeing there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunatly though Woolard will need to see the darkness before something is done.