• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USFvs Eastern Carolina in the Pizza Bowl!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

So bry,

You and what other 3  Bull fans are going to make the trip to Birmingham?

I don't know how many exactly will be there but you **** skippy that I will.  I imagine we'll have approximately what we had in Charlotte last year --- 6,200 because of the date but I'm hoping for more.  Unfortunately for ECU, the number of fans we have in the stands makes absolutely no difference in the outcome of the game.  If you happen to out number us in the stands, do you somehow think that it amounts to more points on the board for you?  Guess again Einstein.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

So bry,

You and what other 3  Bull fans are going to make the trip to Birmingham?

We brought 6,200 to Meineke last year, not 4 fans.  See article:

South Florida likely to get invitation to Birmingham

Saturday, December 02, 2006

JON SOLOMON

News staff writer  

The inaugural Papajohns.com Bowl will likely have the flavor of an old Conference USA game.  

South Florida will be invited this weekend to Birmingham's new bowl if the Big East, as expected, receives only one Bowl Championship Series bid. The Bulls, who left C-USA for the Big East in 2005, would play East Carolina, which accepted a bid this week.  

The Papajohns.com Bowl and the new International Bowl in Toronto share the Big East's last postseason picks. The plan is for Cincinnati to go to Toronto and South Florida to Birmingham.  

"South Florida is focused on the Birmingham Bowl and vice versa," said Ken Hoffman, executive director of the International Bowl. "It would be really difficult for South Florida to mobilize as many people to Toronto as it can to Birmingham. It just makes sense, especially in a year when these are inaugural games."  

The only scenario that could change this outcome is if Louisville gets selected for an at-large BCS bowl ahead of LSU. In that case, South Florida would go to the Texas Bowl, Cincinnati would move to Birmingham and Pittsburgh - which is 6-6 and possibly out of bowl options - would head to Toronto.  

However, LSU has pre-sold 32,000 tickets to the Rose Bowl and is a strong candidate to give the Southeastern Conference two BCS bids. That would leave the Big East champion as its conference's only BCS representative.  

Both schools will be allotted 10,000 tickets for the Papajohns.com Bowl.  

Located in Tampa, South Florida averaged 30,222 fans per game at six home games this season.  

The Bulls sold 6,200 tickets at their first bowl game, the Meineke Car Care Bowl last year in Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

Where is Eastern Carolina anyway?  Is it in eastern North Carolina or South Carolina?  Someone told me that it was near Mayberry, but that is kind of near central North Carolina. Anyone know for sure?

someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe ECU is actually in greenville, which is way northwestern southcarolina...about 30 mins from clemson.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Where exactly is South Florida?  In south Florida?

Looks like you guys need the compass

Ask top 10 Louisville, and #12, formerly top ten WVU where South Florida is.  I wonder if they know.

I asked Louisville. They said they werent sure. They dont remember you. Youre just another team they beat by 20+ points. And WVU said they know where you are because thats where the refs of the WVU-USF game must have lived.

Ask top 10 Louisville, and #12, formerly top ten WVU where South Florida is.  I wonder if they know.

I asked Louisville. They said they werent sure. They dont remember you. Youre just another team they beat by 20+ points. And WVU said they know where you are because thats where the refs of the WVU-USF game must have lived.

You must have forgotten to ask them about when they were ranked #9 last year and we beat them by 31 points.  Louisville would beat ECU by about 50.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

You must have forgotten to ask them about when they were ranked #9 last year and we beat them by 31 points.  Louisville would beat ECU by about 50.  

Wow, you are being very complimentary of the Putrid Purple Pirates.  Do you think that it could be that close?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Hey serious question. Trash talking aside for 1 minute. How is your bball team this year? we're playing you guys saturday here in greenville (so, by the way, at least they'll know where we are). We are 4-2 but we're not bad, just inconsistent. We only chose to renew 3 scholarships last year, so our entire team is playing their first few d1 games. We lost a close one to Richmond at Richmond, so im curious t se how you guys do against them tuesday. Also, just in case im still curious on tuesday and bored, do you know if theres gonna be a video link for the Spiders-Bulls game tues night online somewhere?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Undermanned until January and even then still undermanned.  (No, I am not a darksider or an apologist).

Wow, you are being very complimentary of the Putrid Purple Pirates.  Do you think that it could be that close?

Well, not really, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Since UL beats decent BCS teams like Kentucky by 50 or so every year, I guess it would be more like 60 to 65.  But I didn't want them to feel too bad.