• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Come Notre Dame...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of All-Sports Rankings, SI just put theres out yesterday and it shakes out thusly...

BigEast has 5 of the top25.  (Notre Dame-9, Rutgers-18, Louisville-19, UCONN-22, WVU-25)

Pac10 has 5.

ACC has 5.

Big10 has 4.

Big12 has 3.

SEC has 3.

hmmmmmmm...

Link

**NOTE: There is a typo that has ND at both 7, and 9.  They are really 9th, and Cal is 7th.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

ND is guaranteed a bcs spot if they finish in the top 8.  A bcs bowl can invite them if they are in the top 12.

I think this was the information I was looking for. haha, but thanks for the rest of the information  :D

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It's logic like I'm hearing on this board (i.e., they're Notre Dame and they bring in a lot of money, so they can do what they want) that makes so much of college athletics a joke.  

It's not a joke, college football is BIG BUSINESS....[highlight]ND is Microsoft and the USF's of the world are mom and pop computer stores.[/highlight]

Isn't college athletics suposed to be about student athletes?....Notre Dame graduates 96% of it's sutudents compared to USF's 47%....I'd like to see the comparrison figures for the football teams.

[highlight]The BE East is fortunate to be associated with such a fine educational institution.[/highlight]

So I'm guessing you're a Notre Dame fan then, huh HaulingBull?  The comments highlighted above show that you are indeed HaulingBull crap.....quite a load of it, I must say.  We all realize ND is superior in most ways to USF, but a true USF fan doesn't come on a message boards and make statements like that.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jebus...

Why is it everytime someone mentions something that is a reality, but is the least bit unfavorable to USF they are obviously NOT a USF fan?

USF isn't ND, probably won't ever be, not many STATE schools can compete with the selectivity of candidates. ND gets to pick and choose from various valadictorians and anyone else in the top 10% of their high school class.

However, USF is improving every year in its academics and one day will be considered a great institution. For now, I'll take being associated with a top 20 school like ND...

Speaking of All-Sports Rankings, SI just put theres out yesterday and it shakes out thusly...

BigEast has 5 of the top25.  (Notre Dame-9, Rutgers-18, Louisville-19, UCONN-22, WVU-25)

Pac10 has 5.

ACC has 5.

Big10 has 4.

Big12 has 3.

SEC has 3.

hmmmmmmm...

Link

**NOTE: There is a typo that has ND at both 7, and 9.  They are really 9th, and Cal is 7th.

As nice as those are they are merely taking account only a handful of sports  and how they are currently ranked, not the entire athletic department.

Just to note the Director's cup does not include football, because it is not an NCAA sanctioned championship.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

It's logic like I'm hearing on this board (i.e., they're Notre Dame and they bring in a lot of money, so they can do what they want) that makes so much of college athletics a joke.  

It's not a joke, college football is BIG BUSINESS....[highlight]ND is Microsoft and the USF's of the world are mom and pop computer stores.[/highlight]

Isn't college athletics suposed to be about student athletes?....Notre Dame graduates 96% of it's sutudents compared to USF's 47%....I'd like to see the comparrison figures for the football teams.

[highlight]The BE East is fortunate to be associated with such a fine educational institution.[/highlight]

So I'm guessing you're a Notre Dame fan then, huh HaulingBull?  The comments highlighted above show that you are indeed HaulingBull crap.....quite a load of it, I must say.  We all realize ND is superior in most ways to USF, but a true USF fan doesn't come on a message boards and make statements like that.

Notre Dame fan...hardly, realist... definately.   Real bulls have tougher skin than you appear to.  Life's tough and sometimes downright unfair...suck it up and drive on.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Jebus...

[highlight]Why is it everytime someone mentions something that is a reality, but is the least bit unfavorable to USF they are obviously NOT a USF fan?[/highlight]

USF isn't ND, probably won't ever be, not many STATE schools can compete with the selectivity of candidates. ND gets to pick and choose from various valadictorians and anyone else in the top 10% of their high school class.

However, USF is improving every year in its academics and one day will be considered a great institution. For now, I'll take being associated with a top 20 school like ND...

I wasn't dwelling on the "unfavorability" to USF so much as I was the glaring awe that HaulingBull has for Notre Dame.  My point was simply to guess that he is a ND fan #1 and a USF fan #2.  Trust me, my own alegiance to USF has been called into question many time on this board for not thinking all with USF is hunkey-dorey.  However, I just think it's really....well....a load of HaulingBull crap to act so enamored by another school.  This just seems like an odd place to do that.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Notre Dame fan...hardly, realist... definately.   [highlight]Real bulls have tougher skin than you appear to.  Life's tough and sometimes downright unfair...suck it up and drive on. [/highlight] 

::)

Thank you, Confucious.

Understood, Mid-South.