• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

How about the Embassy Suites? We have reservations there (also) where is that in comparison with five points, stadium etc? Thanks so much for assistance.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

We should all stay at the same hotel and maybe this would make it more fun. Were going to play if we go to birmingham we are playing ECU. We already beat them 3 times lets make it 4

We should all stay at the same hotel and maybe this would make it more fun. Were going to play if we go to birmingham we are playing ECU. We already beat them 3 times lets make it 4

The problem is there are generally three factors when choosing a hotel, and in Birmingham they are mutually exclusive:

1) Team's Hotel -- Many people like to stay with the team, making a virtually all-Bull hotel.

2) Proximity to Nightlife -- The Five Points District is not close to the Team Hotel.

3) Cost - Most of the hotels downtown are in the 80-100 per night range.  Many people will be looking for a cheap hotel in the 40-60 per night range (usually some distance from the city).

Now there may be some factors for other individuals... preference for a specific chain or hotel affinity ('points') programs... but the three factors above make it hard to for everyone to stay in the same hotel.

But you will have USF fans no matter where you stay.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73

How about the Embassy Suites? We have reservations there (also) where is that in comparison with five points, stadium etc? Thanks so much for assistance.

I believe that's the one off of the Elton B. Stephens Expressway (ie, Highway 31).  It basically sits on/near Red Mtn. on the Oxmoor Valley side.  Downtown Birmingham sits on the other side in what's known as Jones Valley.  The Embassy Suites are not far from 5 Points at all... to Legion Field, the best thing would be to take Highway 31 up to I-20/59 and then over to Arkadelphia Rd. exit.  Basically, you're also about 10-15min away from Legion Field.  Very good choice on the hotel, however.  You won't be looking over Birmingham, but you'll be looking over Homwood and Mountain Brook (one of the richest areas in the country)... beautiful homes in Mtn. Brook if you get a chance to drive around there.  You'll also like this hotel if you like steak.  That's where Birmingham's Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is located... in the lobby of the Embassy Suites.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

What are the hotels near Five Points, hopefully within walking distance?  How far is that from the stadium?

What are the hotels near Five Points, hopefully within walking distance?  How far is that from the stadium?

Hotels within walking distance of 5 Points:

- DoubleTree Birmingham

- Pickwick Hotel

Hotels within a short drive (5min) of 5 Points:

- Courtyard by Marriott at UAB

- Medical Center Inn

Hotels with a short drive (10min) of 5 Points:

- Sheraton Civic Center

- Tutwiler Hotel

- The Redmont Hotel

- Embassy Suites

- Crowne Plaza

None of these, however, are within walking distance of Legion Field.  All, however, are a short 5-10min drive to Legion Field.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

I have  4 rooms reserved at the Sheraton (~$92) and 4 rooms reserved at the Days Inn (~$60).  for 2 nights each, 2 double beds, non-smoking.

May not need them all, but have them just in case.

Later next week PM me if you need a room and I'll see if I can let any go.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Day's Inn at $62 sounds more my speed

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Day's Inn at $62 sounds more my speed

FYI, lob, my husband & I are staying at the Quality Inn Homewood. They have rates from $60 to $65. Includes free wireless internet access & free continental breakfast.

From southwest.com (http://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/hotelInfo?src=price&disc=0:1:1164917843.468783:4876@3E9345710E4A8E08C586677478671094D49ADB00):

The Quality Inn hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 65 at Oxmoor Road, only five miles south of downtown Birmingham and less than 12 miles from the Birmingham International Airport. This Homewood hotel is centrally located near many area attractions, including the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Samford University, Legion Field and Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. This suburban hotel is located next door to the Culinary Institute of Virginia College at Birmingham, featuring Mizan Plaz. A variety of popular restaurants and cocktail lounges are located within a one-mile radius. Guests of this Homewood hotel will enjoy many amenities, including free deluxe continental brkfst.

General Hotel Information

Quality Inn Homewood              

155 Vulcan Road              

Homewood AL 35209 US        

Approximately 10M SW of airport (BHM)

Phone: 205 945-9600    

Fax  : 205 945-9600    

Checkin :  3PM

Checkout: 11AM

Definitely if you guys want to go cheap, look in Homewood, Fultondale, or Gardendale.