• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Overachieved This Year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Not very classy of you the day after a huge win - months after PJ had been replaced by MG - to make such an incorrect and inconsequential comment.  PJ is a part of this team and did what he could for this team for four years.  To attempt to slight him and others is lacking of any class.

not once did i bad-mouth PJ.  you should spend more time moderating instead of instigating.  i was simply saying that MG has had more talent all along, and that people on this msg board tend to remain loyal to players rather than remain loyal to the overall interest of the team.

Moderating?

dude-- Brad OWNS this board-- LITERALLY

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

Moderating?

dude-- Brad OWNS this board-- LITERALLY

ok, DUDE.  i just think that people were putting words in my mouth.  nothing i said was classless.  i didn't put down any players on our team.  i say the fact that MG > PJ, and that i believed it all along, and i'm msg board crucified.  everyone just needs to quit taking everything so personally.

perhaps you should check what you wrote again.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Wrong. We could have been 10-2.

Great season all the same.

thi smay be very true

if usf can beat wv in morgantown

why couldnt we beat kansas,cinny and ru in tampa

this team may have underachieved

further it helps to have one of best qbs in the land

Why bother Mike?

That comment by PitBull joins the thread yesterday that said we all wanted to figure out "how to get rid of Jim Leavitt" in the "I love this coach" thread.  Some people look for an opening or a stupid comment made by someone here to indict the whole board when, in fact, most of these comments being churned up since the WVU win were spawned by the Dark Side.   I can't recall one person saying we should ride PJ to the end, but yet the "realists", "Dark Siders" and some other posters think that is what CJL and every supportive USF fan wanted.   They're also the one(s) that would like to ride CJL out of town.

Just plain stupid.

modified to correct typo

you cant deny that is was fortuitous that pj was injured?

you cant deny that pj would have been qb had he not been injured?

the stupid it comment came from usfcop after i  posted a very positive post on "i love coach thread"he posted "how does crow taste"?

as the year unfolded i thought usf would beat wv because it became apparent to me wv could be beat and was vastly overated

i knew grothe was a special qb and players early on

this should be a happy time in bulltown but guys like usfcop simply cant stand happiness

as long as usf keeps beating teams like wv leavitt is staying

leavitt needs to prov eit wasnt a fluke and that team really turned the corner

the green and goggle crowd should be ecstatic but instead guys like usfcop take the opportunity to take jabs at me

Why bother Mike?

That comment by PitBull joins the thread yesterday that said we all wanted to figure out "how to get rid of Jim Leavitt" in the "I love this coach" thread.  Some people look for an opening or a stupid comment made by someone here to indict the whole board when, in fact, most of these comments being churned up since the WVU win were spawned by the Dark Side.   I can't recall one person saying we should ride PJ to the end, but yet the "realists", "Dark Siders" and some other posters think that is what CJL and every supportive USF fan wanted.   They're also the one(s) that would like to ride CJL out of town.

Just plain stupid.

modified to correct typo

Pretty classy comment.  ::)

You earned it with your original "classy" comment.

Why can't we all just get along.....on this our most successful win ever?

PJ, class act, loved the story in the fish wrap re: PJ wanting to dunk CJL with gatorade.  That's what college athletics is all about.

Wally, awesome planning and execution.

CJL, unbridled passion.

The Team, never giving up.

THE BURNING SOFA ICON ------------> PRICELESS!

amen

Why bother Mike?

Just plain stupid.

modified to correct typo

you cant deny that is was fortuitous that pj was injured?

you cant deny that pj would have been qb had he not been injured?

the stupid it comment came from usfcop after i  posted a very positive post on "i love coach thread"he posted "how does crow taste"?

as the year unfolded i thought usf would beat wv because it became apparent to me wv could be beat and was vastly overated

i knew grothe was a special qb and players early on

this should be a happy time in bulltown but guys like usfcop simply cant stand happiness

as long as usf keeps beating teams like wv leavitt is staying

leavitt needs to prov eit wasnt a fluke and that team really turned the corner

the green and goggle crowd should be ecstatic but instead guys like usfcop take the opportunity to take jabs at me

it was a great game and a great day

nothing more needs to be said

How does crow taste anyway?

;D ;D ;D

what are you talking about?

usf beat one team one time

it was  a great victory but it will mean little if usf cant follow it up

in case you didnt notice usfcop,usf finished 4th in big east

alot more work needs to be done

you think usf turned the corner? not with loses to kansas , cinncy and ru in tampa

the coach of the year is schiano not leavitt

dont kid yourself.Grothe,one of the best qbs in country,bailed out leavitt and the staff.

above is the response to the eating crow comment in case anyone wanted to see what this referred to.

I really don't see why this is such a big deal. 20 internet fans bantering about any subject typically doesn't amount to anything.

The more I think about it-- we did underachieve at points and overachieve at others. In general, we pretty much came out fairly even. That's how life is though-- short of being perfect or lucky all the time. Is there some absolute measure of success that we can state which indicates CJL's level ability to direct this team? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Most of those who complain have really high standards I guess. I'm more of the "are we having fun and getting somewhere doing it?" kind of person. In that regard -- we are very successful.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I had to stop reading some of thes eignorant posts  ::)

;D

Many on this board respect PJ for everything he has done. I won't waste time explaining because the football educated understand. I hope PJ gets some play time in the Bowl ... along with our other Seniors.

Can't BULLieve that some still think PJ would be starting if not for his minor injury  ::) GrothE was coming in the 2nd half and the effect would have been no different.

This team did not "OverAchieve" in 2006. This young team fought through some tough situations as great teams do and ended up with a good season and a GREAT upset of the #7 team.  

I really hope that this game was a sign of the team maturing ALL season to get to this point ... we'll know more after the bowl game and the first 5 games of 2007.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

This team overachieved because of how young the talent is and the lack of a D-IA RB.  The staff deserves big time kudos for pulling out an 8 win season with a team this young.  That is overachieving.  This team could have easily been 6-6.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Great arguement RMF . . . can't counter it.

Big Props to our staff and players !

A Great season and hopefully a [highlight]9[/highlight] Win season  8-)