• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Analysis -- Detailed by Conference -- Week 13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Gator Bowl is REALLY hoping for the WVU/VT rivalry that didn't get played this year, if they don't get that, they'll take the Texas option.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

This is still true, but it would not be over Notre Dame.  They will get an automatic bid by finishing #8 (which will happen because either USC,  Florida or Arkansas will drop below them - depending on who wins).  It would a choice between Louisville and a 2-loss SEC team (LSU or Florida).

That's if USC loses, if USC wins, only one of those teams, theoretically will drop below Notre Dame, leaving them in 9th. The losing team will be out of the BCS and Notre Dame would be selected over Louisville. Right? I defer to you, you are the master. I bow to your knowledge. I am but a little grasshopper.

This is still true, but it would not be over Notre Dame.  They will get an automatic bid by finishing #8 (which will happen because either USC,  Florida or Arkansas will drop below them - depending on who wins).  It would a choice between Louisville and a 2-loss SEC team (LSU or Florida).

That's if USC loses, if USC wins, only one of those teams, theoretically will drop below Notre Dame, leaving them in 9th. The losing team will be out of the BCS and Notre Dame would be selected over Louisville. Right? I defer to you, you are the master. I bow to your knowledge. I am but a little grasshopper.

No.  Notre Dame is ranked #9 now.  Thus, if only one team drops below Notre Dame they rise to #8 and the automatic bid to some BCS bowl.  Now, the Rose can still select Louisville over Notre Dame, but that won't mean Notre Dame doesn't get a BCS bid.  That would mean a 2-loss SEC team (LSU or Florida) doesn't.

So, Notre Dame will get in no matter what -- because Florida or Arkansas will drop below them.

For Louisville to get a bid, LSU must be #5 and get overlooked -- meaning Florida and USC need to win this weekend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

No.  Notre Dame is ranked #9 now.  Thus, if only one team drops below Notre Dame they rise to #8 and the automatic bid to some BCS bowl.  Now, the Rose can still select Louisville over Notre Dame, but that won't mean Notre Dame doesn't get a BCS bid.  That would mean a 2-loss SEC team (LSU or Florida) doesn't.

So, Notre Dame will get in no matter what -- because Florida or Arkansas will drop below them.

For Louisville to get a bid, LSU must be #5 and get overlooked -- meaning Florida and USC need to win this weekend.

According to the BCS, Notre Dame is #10

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6209880_37_1.pdf

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

well, looks like you can pencil LSU in for the Rose Bowl ... supposedly pre sold 32,000 tickets as of yesterday, a number that will only rise in the coming weeks

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ND can be selected if in the top 14, there is no chance that a bowl passes on them, too much $$$

According to the BCS, Notre Dame is #10

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6209880_37_1.pdf

Okay. I had a cached page in my browser.  Sorry about that.  You are correct...

but as RockyTop noted, LSU will probably be selected by the Rose Bowl (do you have a source Rocky??)

That's not true," Rose Bowl CEO Mitch Dorger told the Shreveport Times on Wednesday night. "We have not made any final decisions at all. I think some people have gone out on a limb and are making assumptions. We will make our decision on Sunday."

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

no "source", saw a newspaper article somewhere on the internet quoting the AD of LSU saying they had 32,000 pre sales for the Rose Bowl, but had not been officially selected yet

but with at least 32,000 tickets guaranteed, already, it will be hard for the Rose Bowl to overlook them