• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Citadel seniors go out in style - No, read it...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

Trust me. You will want to read (to find out why) and watch this video (to see the fun). Bolding mine.

Citadel seniors go out in style

BY JEFF HARTSELL

The Post and Courier

Citadel Notes

In a jubilant Citadel locker room, the players presented the game ball to a man who has never lost to VMI - school president Lt. Gen. John Rosa.

"This is dedicated to you seniors," said Rosa, who is 1-0 against The Citadel's military school rival as president and never lost to the Keydets as a player, either. "We're proud of you."

The Citadel's 18 seniors went out in style in their final appearance at Johnson Hagood Stadium on Saturday, many of them playing major roles in a 48-21 rout of VMI on homecoming.

"It's a huge honor, a great feeling," said senior defensive end James Wilson. "The younger players really did a great job of stepping up to send us out with a bang, and to go out with a huge win over VMI, winning the Shako, it's huge."

The Citadel hyped the rivalry with VMI during the week, holding a pep rally and bonfire on Thursday that seemed to get the cadets riled up. There were a couple of skirmishes on the sidelines as cadets from both schools tried to make mischief with each other's school flags.

"The last time we had a pep rally was when we played Wofford in my freshman year, and we lost that game," said senior linebacker Raleigh Jackson. "So during the week I was a little skeptical. But this is a different team, different guys and a different Corps of Cadets. They really got behind us and everything came out beautiful."

Among the seniors, wide receiver Gary Domanksi scored his first touchdown of the season, on a 24-yard pass from Duran Lawson. Senior running back Nuru Goodrum also scored, on a 9-yard pass from Lawson. Senior receiver Rontreal Tyler caught four balls for 26 yards, and senior linemen Cale Conant and Adam Peterson helped the offense pile up 257 rushing yards. Kicker Blake Vandiver booted six extra points, but had one blocked.

On defense, senior linebacker Chris Murray had seven tackles, and Wilson added four tackles for loss, including a sack. Jackson had two tackles.

Taking the oath

Five Citadel players received a standing ovation after taking their oaths to join the U.S. Army during a brief halftime ceremony on Veterans' Day. The five were quarterback Duran Lawson, defensive end Nick Fender, linebacker Chris Murray, linebacker Napoleon Dunn and snapper Jeff Hodish.

Extra points

--With 171 passing yards Saturday, junior QB Duran Lawson now ranks fifth on The Citadel's single-season passing chart with 1,915 yards.

-- The Citadel's 35 first-half points were the most its scored in one half in at least five seasons ... RB Tory Cooper's three TDs were a career-best, as were RB Montrell Lee's two TDs ... WR Ta'Mar Jernigan's 30-yard run with a reverse gives Citadel receivers 10 carries for 149 yards this season.

--VMI's fake bulldog mascot, Gracie, found herself in the middle of a cadet scrum after a Citadel cadet tried to make off with VMI's flag. The VMI bulldog wore a T-shirt that read, "I eat Citadel dogs" and was brought to poke fun at The Citadel's mascots, The General and Boo. Gracie was unharmed in the skirmish, but may have bitten a cadet, her handler said.

Now watch the video. Pay attention to the cute, blond VMI cheerleader.  :o

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWma49goHjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWma49goHjc[/link]

Is the Citadel now accepting girly-men as cadets?  ;D

Kizarvexis