• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SI.com Projections have us goin to Texas

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'd rather play the Big 12 team. USF needs all the respect they can get from beating BCS teams outside their conference. The UNC win was nice, but they haven't won a D-IA game in almost a year.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

Someone forgot to tell the Texas Bowl that USF is the real deal.

From http://www.texasbowl.org/

The Texas Bowl is slotted to select third among Big East-affiliated bowls and eighth among Big 12-affiliated bowls. Although the official bowl pairing has not been announced, potential schools include a trio of Big East teams currently ranked in the top 15  West Virginia, Louisville and Rutgers  as well as traditional Big 12 powers such as Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas State.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I'd rather play the Big 12 team. USF needs all the respect they can get from beating BCS teams outside their conference. The UNC win was nice, but they haven't won a D-IA game in almost a year.

True, but if USF beats a Big XII team in the Texas Bowl and no one is there to see it, does it make a sound?

You're right though. I go both ways on this matter; beating up on CUSA does diddly for us as well.

what is TCU's record?

TCU is 7 - 2, with upcoming games vs. San Diego State, at Colorado State, and vs. Air Force.  They have beaten Baylor, UC Davis, Texas Tech, Army, Wyoming, UNLV & New Mexico. The lost to BYU at home and at Utah.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

what is TCU's record?

TCU is 7 - 2, with upcoming games vs. San Diego State, at Colorado State, and vs. Air Force.  They have beaten Baylor, UC Davis, Texas Tech, Army, Wyoming, UNLV & New Mexico. The lost to BYU at home and at Utah.

so wont this game be a Big 12 team vs. TCU?

But if they're projecting Texas Tech as the Big 12 team, that doesn't make too much sense, does it?? All I know is that I've booked flights on Southwest to Birmingham - if plans change we can always apply the funds toward a different Southwest flight if needed.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

what is TCU's record?

so wont this game be a Big 12 team vs. TCU?

Not sure. MWC has 4 bowls without this one, and currently 3 bowl eligible teams, with 5 maximum possible, 4 more likely. It all depends on where the Texas Bowl is in the MWC pecking order. the Armed Forces Bowl is right at home in Fort Worth for them.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

But if they're projecting Texas Tech as the Big 12 team, that doesn't make too much sense, does it?? All I know is that I've booked flights on Southwest to Birmingham - if plans change we can always apply the funds toward a different Southwest flight if needed.

why not TCU is in the MW