• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

International Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

With us being bowl eligible now, and talk of us possibly going to Toronto, I hope everyone is getting their passports ready.  I know I am not prepared so I am reminding everyone.  Their is a process and right now is the time to do it since it takes about 6 weeks to complete it and holidays are coming up.  You can expedite the process (only takes about 2 weeks) for an additional $60.  

Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Also, if you dont have one, you have to setup an appointment to get one, there is info on the site posted above. I'm going to setup my appointment in the next day or two.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Yes, I forgot to add that Kyle.  Good idea, I may follow that lead.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The International Bowl will be played on January 6, 2007

From the State Department

Visas and Travel Documents

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and Canada: Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

Effective January 8, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Canada are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States.  As early as January 1, 2008, U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and Canada by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid U.S. passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security.  Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.  American citizen travelers are encouraged to apply for a U.S. passport or the passport card when it becomes available, well in advance of anticipated travel.  American citizens can visit travel.state.gov or call 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) for information on applying for a passport.

Current Requirements for Entry Into Canada

Visas are not required for U.S. citizens entering Canada from the U.S. You will, however, need:

1. proof of your U.S. citizenship such as your U.S. passport (For information on obtaining a U.S. passport, check with one of the regional passport agencies located throughout the U.S.) or certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the city, county or state in the U.S. where you were born. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen and do not have a passport, you should travel with your naturalization certificate. A driver’s license, voter’s registration card or Social Security card is NOT valid proof of citizenship.

2. photo identification, such as a current, valid driver’s license.

All U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. Alien permanent residents of the U.S. must present their Alien Registration Card, commonly called a “Green Card.â€Â

If you are a dual U.S./Canadian citizen you should always present yourself as a Canadian citizen when entering Canada. However, U.S. citizens should use their U.S. passports when entering or leaving the United States.

Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents, or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel. (This is in addition to proof of citizenship as explained above.) Any person under the age of 18 and traveling alone should carry a letter from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the trip. Travelers without such documentation may experience delays at the port of entry.

For further information, including information on student or business travel, visitors can contact the Embassy of Canada at 501 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 682-1740

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Bottom line... you won't NEED a passport to get into Canada, but it'll make things far, far easier to do so.

1. You don't need a passport if you are flying home on January 7th.

2. You don't need a passport if you are DRIVING to the game from the United States... i.e. Flying in to Buffalo or Detroit and driving up.  Toronto is less than 2 hours from Buffalo and about 4 1/2 from Detroit.

Bullsmania is right, however, to suggest that it is better safe than sorry.  Imagine a snowstorm that shuts down the airport on Jan 7th, so you fly back on the 8th without a passport..... oops.

If we go to Toronto, I will probably be flying home to Rochester, NY and driving... so the requirement doesn't apply for me this year.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

Toronto is a great city now for jan 6th it may be really cold but it will be like a white late xmas for us floridians. Of course the game is indoors. I still think we end up in Bham

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

You can expedite the process (only takes about 2 weeks) for an additional $60.  

Or you can drive/fly to Miami and have it done in a couple of hours at a gov. agency in downtown Miami. I did it right before flying to Europe a few years ago.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

With us being bowl eligible now, and talk of us possibly going to Toronto, I hope everyone is getting their passports ready.  I know I am not prepared so I am reminding everyone.  Their is a process and right now is the time to do it since it takes about 6 weeks to complete it and holidays are coming up.  You can expedite the process (only takes about 2 weeks) for an additional $60.  

Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_831.html

I had no idea it took that long to get one until someone mentioned that yesterday. Thanks for the info.

I'm really hoping if they get to a bowl, that's the one. I know we'd get al ot better turnout in Birmingham but I have no desire to ever go back to that dump they call a stadium and Toronto would be a blast in January.