• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coaches, AP, and BCS polls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East's best teams are not in the same league as some of the other conferences. THe Big 10, Big 12, Pac-10, and SEC all have better teams and WVU or Louisville would be middle of the pack.  I honestly believe that Louisville could not beat OSU, Michigan, or Wisconsin in the Big 10.  Texas in the Big 12, Florida, Auburn, or LSU in the SEC.  USC or Cal in the Pac-10. Notre Dame as an independent.  That makes ten teams better than the Big East's top team, which is no big deal.  However, Lousiville is not the 2nd best team in the country.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Big East's best teams are not in the same league as some of the other conferences. THe Big 10, Big 12, Pac-10, and SEC all have better teams and WVU or Louisville would be middle of the pack.  I honestly believe that Louisville could not beat OSU, Michigan, or Wisconsin in the Big 10.  Texas in the Big 12, Florida, Auburn, or LSU in the SEC.  USC or Cal in the Pac-10. Notre Dame as an independent.  That makes ten teams better than the Big East's top team, which is no big deal.  However, Lousiville is not the 2nd best team in the country.  

How do you know they aren't in the same league? WVU beat the Champion of the SEC, which many people claium to be the best conference in the county, in their wn backyard in a major Bowl Game. I'd put Louisville up against anyone. There aren't going to be many defenses that are going to stop them. You can make an a case that the Big East is better than both the Big 12 and the ACC this season. Louisville could beat Michigan and Wisconsin. Ohio State would be a tall order though.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

How do you know they aren't in the same league? WVU beat the Champion of the SEC, which many people claium to be the best conference in the county, in their wn backyard in a major Bowl Game. I'd put Louisville up against anyone. There aren't going to be many defenses that are going to stop them. You can make an a case that the Big East is better than both the Big 12 and the ACC this season. Louisville could beat Michigan and Wisconsin. Ohio State would be a tall order though.

Illinois and Ball State gave OSU and Michigan games yesterday.  Give me a break.  SF_Flip is right, WVU and UL are up there with the elite teams.  Notre Dame has had impressive offense just like UL has.  They are the same team in a lot of ways.  USC hasnt looked impressive all year after Arkansas.  Texas almost lost 2 weeks in a row to inferior teams.  Auburn cant score to save their life.  13-0 at halftime against arkansas STATE.  UF has looked shaky most games, including this week against vandy.

every team has weaknesses, and UL and WVU are 2 of the best offenses in the nation.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What South Florida Flip and Windbane said.  UL and WVU could compete with any teams in the country.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this is the system we have, when it was against us about to toss the BE out it was all good for the crybabies, now it (the same system) has us up there with a chance for a NC it is all bad for the crybabies!

to all who are talking down the BE, ul, wvu and RU. change the system or shut up!

SEC, b12, ACC choose money over pride, with the champion$hip games they need to stop crying when that same champion$hip game bumps them out of the NC picture.

if any of these top teams want to leave to join the BE for a better shot at a NC, they would be welcomed with open arms.

any takers...thought not! (can't give up the $$$$).

so shut up and play, if you go undefeated you will get you shot (maybe)

I have seen several  different conferences (some in person Big 10, Big 12, and SEC) this year and those are the teams I saw that are better than WVU or Louisville.  Of all the Big East teams Louisville looks the best equipped to compete in other conferences.  They are balanced.   I do not think the spread offense would survive a Big 10 or SEC schedule.  The QB would get killed.  The same for Lousiville, I do not see that offense going to Ann Arbor or Columbus in November and surviving.  Here is my rankings based on what I have seen regardless of record:

1 - OSU

2 - Texas

3 - Auburn

4 - Michigan

5 - Florida

6 - USC

7 - Notre Dame

8 - Lousiville

9 - LSU

10 - Wisconsin

11 - Cal

12 - Boston College

14 - WVU

15 - Rutgers

40 - USF

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

agreed.  I disagree =)

How does Boise State get ahead of Rutgers?

been that way in human polls

I put 3 Big East teams in top 15.  Just don't think in top 3.