• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very impressive effort.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295
  • Days Won:  0

didnt say he was going to see the field..this year...but he isnt a ZERO and either is PJ..sorry..CJL was very high on him and if i rember correctly he did get snap or two in there this year

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

didnt say he was going to see the field..this year...but he isnt a ZERO and either is PJ..sorry..CJL was very high on him and if i rember correctly he did get snap or two in there this year

yeah, but it's been reported here that grant gregory is transitioning to DB.  next year Voss should be here to backup grothe.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

Not a bad move...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I would like to see Nate Allen get a shot at qb this spring, to get some depth be hind grothe.  He may be a great safety, but we have a ton of talent there..

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

When you have ZERO talent at backup, you better change the gameplan.

Right, let's stop trying to win games because our starting qb MIGHT get hurt ...

um, he's been helped off the field THREE times already!

So what?

We can't worry about injuries... part of what makes matt so good is his elusiveness and his running ability balancing his ability to throw the ball.

If we take away the run... he is a one dimensional QB... and we take away our single greatest strenght.

We HAVE to take the risk.  We don't have a choice.  If you change the gameplan to protect him, you lose.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

When you have ZERO talent at backup, you better change the gameplan.

Right, let's stop trying to win games because our starting qb MIGHT get hurt ...

um, he's been helped off the field THREE times already!

So I can put you down for "let's stop trying to win games" then?  ;)

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Wow,... yall can't be this stupid.

I think the point Shoop was getting at is, why are the bulls in a game with 13? 10? point lead in the 4th quarter calling quarterback draws and sneeks?  If your just running out the clock the bulls have a running back.  There is no need to put are "star" QB in unnecessary harms way. Because..... like it are not the talent behind him is not there.

If Grothe suffered a season ending injury aganist PITT, every person on the board(other that ET :) :) :) :) :) :)) would be calling for Leavitt's and Smith's heads.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I think the point Shoop was getting at is, why are the bulls in a game with 13? 10? point lead in the 4th quarter calling quarterback draws and sneeks?  If your just running out the clock the bulls have a running back.

Wow... you can't be this stupid. Did you even watch the game? Our rb's were averaging 2 yds a carry, our qb's 4.5. You tell me which position you want running the ball to close a game out ...

There is no need to put are "star" QB in unnecessary harms way.

Wow... you can't be this stupid. No need?? How about the need to win a game.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

I think the point Shoop was getting at is, why are the bulls in a game with 13? 10? point lead in the 4th quarter calling quarterback draws and sneeks?  If your just running out the clock the bulls have a running back.  There is no need to put are "star" QB in unnecessary harms way. Because..... like it are not the talent behind him is not there.

If Grothe suffered a season ending injury aganist PITT, every person on the board(other that ET :) :) :) :) :) :)) would be calling for Leavitt's and Smith's heads.

dude....13 point lead is nothing...with a whole quater to play....weve all seen some crazy things happen in football....