• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roger Frazier update!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-spt-fbtop100,0,3340279.htmlstory?coll=orl-sports-utility-hs

Here is Sentinel recruiting analyst Bill Buchalter's list of the state's top 100 prospects. As usual, the top state players are among the top national players. You can expect at least 250 state players to sign with Division I-A schools, so a lot of high-caliber players did not make this list.

23. QB Matt Grothe 6-1 / 190 Lakeland Lake Gibson USF

53. QB Carlton Hill 6-3 / 205 Monticello Jefferson Co. USF

63. WR Roger Frazier 6-1 / 185 Lakeland Lake Gibson Hutchinson (Kan.) JC

79. OL Danny Tolley 6-5 / 305 Wesley Chapel USF

97. WR Jesse Hester Jr. 5-11 / 165 Belle Glade Glades Central USF

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we landed 5 of top 100 2 years ago

how did we do last year?

we should be getting at minimum 10 top 100 a year

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

wow, great news.  and if he can return punts and kicks too all the better since we'll be losing randolph.  If he's as talented as Fred Rouse (also listed on that first team list above) he could be the best WR we would have. And that's saying something since it could be our best position.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

He would become our most talented WR as soon as he arrives on campus.  How he translates that talent to on-field production remains to be seen.

Greg has news about Roger on his blog...

There's two new developments in the USF-Pearl River connection, first that Roger Frazier, who was Matt Grothe's top target in their last two seasons at Lake Gibson High, will attend Pearl River starting in January, with an eye on making it to USF as a junior in 2008. Frazier, who didn't have the grades to get Division I offers out of Lake Gibson, led all junior-college receivers last year with 1,074 yards, catching 13 touchdown passes as a freshman at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas. He's back home in Lakeland this fall, but will try to right himself academically at Pearl River. If he can do that, he'd be a fine addition to USF's receiving corps for what would be Grothe's final two seasons.

Read more...

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I talked to him the other day and he still wants to come to USF but has only one year of juco and left to come home but he is flying out very soon to pearl river to finish and will soon be a BULL!!  YES...a juco all american as a fresh. is amazing. He has said he wants to go where Matt is and well I think I got him back on track. He was being hit on by very big name D-1 schools his fresh year at juco. He is firm when he gets his AA he wants to be a Bull. I know this does not mean alot to most of you but those that emmeber him will give out a cheer!!!

Flip, that is AMAZING NEWS....the recent reports by Greg Auman (the real USF beat reporter) say that Leavitt stayed a while in Pearl River this past week.

To me grabbing Larry Freeman, and Roger Frazier would be the equivalent from JC land of USF landing out of HS Devin Hester, and Fred Rouse.  Both are that type of talent (ON THE FIELD), and sans major academic shortfalls they would have been equally as hyped and recruited.  

P.S.  To all the USF fans that don't understand USF or recruiting, the real reason USF is actually in, and has legit shots to get Freeman and Frazier on campus has everything to do with the fact our staff recruited these guys heavily in HS, and showed them some love when others ignored them, or stopped calling once ineligibility was certain.  SO, for those that wonder why a coach like Leavit signs 30 to 32 players when he only has room for 23, and why he signs kids that have academic issues and are ineligible it's because they can come back.  This is why, you take chances to get a Freeman or Frazier to return.  Dante Spires is returning, an absolute stud of an OLB.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

What's the latest on Stirrups?