• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those that say we don't deserve...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well if you lose by a score to a top 25 team at their place we'd be using that to front our position. It's worth more because it's a better team.

HAd Penn State lost to Illinois, Indiana, and Navy would they even be getting votes? No! Because they're terrible teams. Why can't Penn State show that their 3 losses are to teams in the top 10, it certainly means a lot more to me to lose to teams a combined 22-1 than teams a combined 8-13

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

washington st  plays in number one rated conference and beat oregon,a ranked team and a #9 sos

usf has #130 SOS

hawaii is #85 sos

byu #67 sos

texas tech#74

these rankings support their getting votes

i have said in past usf's schedule is kime kansas st and as a consequence usf will not get any respect vote time

you cant have it both ways. usf choose a schedule to get to six wins not schedule to compete.it is a philosophy.it is what it is.

rizzo also made some good points

because big east doesnt get much love it is imperative that teams play tough OC  games in my humble opinion

Why do we even bother saying "well team A lost to two top 25 teams."  How does losing to Top 25 teams make you more deserving of votes?  I can have my ass kicked by D. Wade on pick up basketball, does that mean I can ball better than you just 'cause I played him and you didn't?

simutaneously you wont get votes for beating fiu/mcneese st

but usf would have been better losing to a top 25 team than losing to kansas

For those actually arguing to support Hawaii and BYU.  Do you actually believe they are better than us and would beat us on a nuetral field.  Not what have they done against this team or that.  ARE THEY BETTER...NO.  Because that's what it is supposed to be about, picking the 25 best teams.  Do you think, after watching RU this year that those teams have a chance to send RU into OT. (the answer to those questions, imo, is no.)

maybe usf needs to go play and beat  these teams instead of having a home game against 1aa team!

until they co usf will not be as highly regard as hawaii and byu

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

For those actually arguing to support Hawaii and BYU.  Do you actually believe they are better than us and would beat us on a nuetral field.  Not what have they done against this team or that.  ARE THEY BETTER...NO.  Because that's what it is supposed to be about, picking the 25 best teams.  Do you think, after watching RU this year that those teams have a chance to send RU into OT. (the answer to those questions, imo, is no.)

maybe usf needs to go play and beat  these teams instead of having a home game against 1aa team!

until they co usf will not be as highly regard as hawaii and byu

we've told you this before, but most teams in 1-A are now going to schedule a 1-AA every year because of the forced 12 game schedule and the fact you can count a 1-AA towards bowls every year.  

as for the rankings, people set up their rankings early before the season starts and from then on its a sliding scale every week.  if you start out ranked #1 it will take many losses for you to fall out of the top 25, but if you start out in the bottom 50-60 it will take a lot of wins to move up.  if we beat kansas we get votes, if we beat rutgers and Uconn we get votes, if we beat everyone we're ranked already.  but we lost 2, won 2, so we are basically where we were 4 weeks ago.  win this week we might get votes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Win tonight... and we'll create our own story.  ...

Exactly !

Especially f the baseball game isn't played ...

Go BULLS !!!