• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is RU for real?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

a 2 point loss to them does not seem that bad

they have given us the blueprint to beat pitt.

ru hung 219 yds rushing on pitt

so this tells me we are not too bad, and we can take pitt, ul and/or wvu with our A game

5-0 is now a possibility

how we play on sunday will tell us a lot about where this team is

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

Rutgers was impressive tonight.  National TV coverage will certainly help them.  The announcers had a lot of good things to say about them and especially Ray Rice.  I'm expecting them to make a move up the rankings.  Ore and Neb lost today.  Boise st was unimpressive against Idaho.  Gtech is currently losing.  Would have been nice if cal lost.

A ranked Pitt would have been nice next week, but this season has worked out perfectly for the BE.  We now have 3 legitimate contenders....all unbeaten.  If Rutgers handles UCONN next week (they should) then we'll have 3 unbeaten teams coming into the 10th week of the season.  Scheduling WVU vs. LOU late in the season was genius.  Rutgers should move up the polls again next week and we may end up with 3 top 15 teams!  Not only that but the BE will have several hyped up games, in the next month, that should get plenty of national coverage.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i know this is going to be a lot of if's...

but...

if we have ponton, if we have julmiste and clebert, and if their kicker doesnt have the game of his life....

we won that game.

as far as rutgers if's go....there aren't any.  they played their best game and won.  by 2.

i just hope we beat cincy tomorrow and then deal with Pitt.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Strill not convinced on Rutgers nationally. Pitt's a tough team, but they aren't Top 25 caliber. I'll wait till Louisville to make a jusgment on Rutgers.

They're a good program and deserve to be 7-0, however, are they as good as anyone in the top 10 right now? They could hang with a few, but the QB situation leads me to believe a school like OSU, Texas would absolutely expose them.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I believe Rutgers is for real.  Even if they drop one or both of their games with WV or Louisville, they're a very solid team.  Pitt is no slouch, and they beat them soundly........moreso than the score would indicate too.

We'll heres the thing, if Pitt is so great, why is their best rated win over Syracuse?

Pitt has played no one, and while they are better than last year, the loss to Michigan State shows they still aren't a top 25 team yet.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

is RU for real?

I'll let you know after they play Louisville and West Virginia.

is RU for real?

I'll let you know after they play Louisville and West Virginia.

Exactly my feeling. Their defense is very good. However, it's their offense I have problems with. You're probably going to need a more balanced attack against the better teams...Ohio State, Michigan, WVU, Auburn, Texas, etc. Their QB has yet to show he can make plays or even consistently pass. Until he can show that, there is no reason for me to believe that a great defense doesn't load the box and put the game on Teels arm.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Rutgers would not run the ball on most teams in the top 10, and their passing offense would get eaten alive.  Most of the top 10 teams would beat RU by 10+ points because once their running game gets shut down, they have nothing and it would only get worse if they are trying to play catch up all game and passing most of the time  

so Rutgers is good team, top 20, but by no means a great team

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yes

the beat pitt in pitt

i am convinced