• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LB, Josh Hartigan 6-2, 210

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Six in running for Hartigan visit

By Josh Helmholdt, CycloneReport.com Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

One official visit is in the books for Oakland Park (Fla.) Northeast linebacker Josh Hartigan, but it may some time before the two-star prospect is able to embark on any more. First up for the 6-foot-2, 210-pound Hartigan is living up to the expectations placed on his Northeast team due to the tremendous talent they possess.

Besides Hartigan, Northeast features at least three other prospects who are Division I caliber including four-star running back Bo Williams, three-star wide receiver Darrian Williams and athlete Charles James. Hartigan says there is also a fullback on the team who has as much talent as any of the four.

"All of us have talked about going to school together," said Hartigan. "We're getting recruited by some of the same schools, but there are also other schools that haven't offered one of us, that the other ones might be interested in going to."

Hartigan took his first official visit of the process to NC State the weekend of Sept. 8 along with Darrian Williams. He is looking at a list of schools that includes Pitt, Colorado, Iowa State, South Florida, Tennessee, Michigan State for his remaining official visits.

"I'm trying to figure everything out right now because it is going to be hard to fit everything in with graduating early," he said. "There's a lot of schools that I am looking at for the other visits, it all depends on the colleges that keep in touch with me and who is at home on that weekend that I have an open date to go up there.

"I'm going to try to take as many visits as I possibly can. I don't want to make any decisions right now off of one visit. I want to see what everybody else has to offer me."

One of the schools on his list of potential official visit destinations is Iowa State. The Cyclones recruiting efforts are being led by assistant coach Todd Fitch and the two keep in regular contact.

"We talk as much as he can," said Hartigan. "I know he can only really call me once a week, so when he has a chance to call me that's when we talk. He just asks me how everything is going, how school and how football is going and whether I have any new offers.

"I watched them on TV when they played against Iowa. They have a good team, are a pretty good program and have been doing pretty good the past couple years. I have their media guide and saw a couple things that I liked. The chance of them getting a visit is pretty high."

Hartigan is being used in multiple roles for Northeast this fall. On defense his position is a hybrid between a linebacker and a strong safety and on offense he finds himself in the backfield in some sets and at the receiver position in others. His team is off to a 3-0 start, but he is unsure of his numbers production so far this fall.

"I actually don't keep up with the stats that much," said Hartigan. "I just try to worry about helping the team win and am not very concerned with individual stats that much."

Updated on Wednesday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

hum...I wonder if we offered all of them if we'd have a chance at the 4-star RB.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf is competing with iowa st? wow!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

We did for a RB a few years back ... kid from Lakeland-George Jenkins

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

usf is competing with iowa st? wow!

I am curious as to why you would say something so ignorant when Tennessee, Pitt, and Mich State have offered him as well.  Do you think UT is saying, 'we're competing with USF'?  Probably more likely, then think about that and you'll realize how your comments don't jive with reality.

ET, we've competed with ISU on more than that back.  We beat them out for the services of Ponton, Ronnie McCullough and a few others.  They've always been very active in FL.