• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The three factors that resulted in a L

It was the correct call though...

Joe,

were you at the game. IT WAS THE CORRECT CALl. But, you tell me that he was going to make it..... not until the Schano meltdown. And oh be the way, if you were as close to that as I was.... there should have been an unsportsman like penalty for Shiano's language. And oh by the way, the line judge from the USF side of the field had to come over to the Rutgers siderline to get between Shitano and the line judge on the Rutgers side. Shiano is a freakin tool!

GREG SCHIANO did not have anything to do with the play.  As soon as the play ended, the side judge came running up from way downfield to tell the referee there was no USF player.  When Grothe threw the ball, I said to my neighbors - that is grounding.  I watched Schiano explode in anger, but the Linesman was calming him down while the Side Judge ran up to talk with the Referee.

Also, you have to understand that the Referee doesn't follow the ball in the air.  He watches the action around the quarterback - watching for roughing the passer or other penalties.  He has to rely on other officials to help with that call.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No lack of running game?

I would put that in over the punting. While the punts were nowhere near spectacular, they were good enough to not give their guy any returns. He's a good return man.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1. Turnovers-2 ints and 1 fumble

2. Kicking game, 1 missed field goal, 2 horrible punts

3. Missed tackles

It was those three factors that contributed to the loss, and two of those factors are reoccuring breakdowns that have to be resolved for the Bulls to go to a bowl game.

only 3???

terrible play calling

no running game

dropped balls

penalties(major on first play of game)

usf coaches made no adjustments for 2nd half while ru coaches did

how about the referee that did not make that "intentional grounding" call until Schiano ran out onto the field. We were lining up for the next play before that jeck threw the flag. Blantant Rutgers call. He did nothing until Schiano complained........

That ref is gutless............

that is what  A COACH IS SUPPOSE TO DO

SCHIANO IS A GOOD COACH

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

1. Lack of running game

2. Turnovers

3. Penalties

4. Kicking game

5. Run defense

6. NO pass rush

I hope Ponton can find some holes in the O-line, because our rb's can't seem to.  Our D-line is just getting dominated.  They can't control the line of scrimmage until the 4th quarter is almost over.  I think our pass rush is much worse than our run stopping.  We can't get any pressure on the QB.  It's killing us.  Kicking game speaks for itself.  

I will say this- the team has many flaws, but they are **** fun to watch.  I assume that except for the betters, we all watch football for entertainment.  This team, through the first 5 games, has been very entertaining.  Sure I wish we were 5-0, but it's been exciting to watch thus far.  What more can you ask for?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Play calling is getting better each week, but we're still running too many QB keepers.  I know that's a function of our lack of a running game, but it is so repetitive that the defenses are keying on it.

Play calling is getting better each week, but we're still running too many QB keepers.  I know that's a function of our lack of a running game, but it is so repetitive that the defenses are keying on it.

maybe in another 10 years it will reach level of 1a  football in a bcs conference

1. Lack of running game

2. Turnovers

3. Penalties

4. Kicking game

5. Run defense

6. NO pass rush

I hope Ponton can find some holes in the O-line, because our rb's can't seem to.  Our D-line is just getting dominated.  They can't control the line of scrimmage until the 4th quarter is almost over.  I think our pass rush is much worse than our run stopping.  We can't get any pressure on the QB.  It's killing us.  Kicking game speaks for itself.  

I will say this- the team has many flaws, but they are **** fun to watch.  I assume that except for the betters, we all watch football for entertainment.  This team, through the first 5 games, has been very entertaining.  Sure I wish we were 5-0, but it's been exciting to watch thus far.  What more can you ask for?

all very true

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  318
  • Days Won:  0

Being in Tampa for meetings next week, I was finally able to see a game this year (cable TV issues in VA).  

First question, in a school the size of USF, is there NO ONE who can punt a freaking football????  The grounding penalty hurt, the bad snap at our 20 hurt, but the horrific punts hurt worse.  When you give them the ball inside the 50, can you expect to not be scored on?

The turnovers were killer, but I'd blame the first INT on Rutgers pass rush, it appeared that Grothe was drilled as he threw it.  Much like a tip, can't give him 100% of the blame on that one.

It would be nice to have some running game other than a QB draw or scramble.

With all that, I'm encouraged, we held our own with Rutgers.  Maybe it's glass half-full thinking, but assuming we can find a running back and some kickers, we may have something brewing.