• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poor Run Defense + Bad Special Teams =

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

a game we should have won!

For all that Grothe did good tonight he made some critical mistakes. I saw him make some freshman mistakes but some **** fine throws and runs!

Our future looks good with Grothe...what this season could have been with a running game.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  50

Better run defense would have created more possesions for the offense...nuff said.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Better run defense would have created more possesions for the offense...nuff said.

Less turnovers would have meant we won the game...nuff said.

Hell, so would a mike benzer field goal.  RU needed that ridiculous kick.

You're asking too much of the defense to give the other team 65%+ time of possesion then stop the run.  That's insane.  The spread is higher scoring than other O's, but seems less consistent...especially when you only have 1 true option in the backfield.

GG, offense and special teams lose another one in a row.  I think we're a bowl team and that's about it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I think we're a bowl team and that's about it.

That's going out on a limb, at this point.  Seeing the last two weeks is making me have my doubts about a postseason appearance!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

There are quite a few ways to look at this loss ...  :'(  >:(  :-/  :P  :-[

Beat UConn & be 4-2

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Everyone here knows the problems.. the presentation of such will divide the a-holes, from the concerned.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

For all that Grothe did good tonight he made some critical mistakes. I saw him make some freshman mistakes but some **** fine throws and runs!

Our future looks good with Grothe...what this season could have been with a running game.

Why should USF have won?  RU forced 3 turnovers, and USF made otehr costly mistakes.

RU's QB was not great, but he made just ONE mistake, on the interception.

I only recall one bad call against USF that hurt USF (the spot on leonard's 3rd down catch that eld to a 1st down and the 1st TD).  I do recall a number of bad calls that hurt RU (several times USF twsited Ray Rice's head and helmet well after the play was over with no call, and the awful non-call when #51 of USF tackled leonard before he could get the pass ... that was defensive holding if I ever saw one).  But the ref were pretty consistent both ways.

RU made fewer errors.  RU dominated time of possession.  RU managed the clock better and forced USF to take crucial timeouts that eventually cost USF dearly.

RU outolayed USF in a very tough game, and RU outcoached USF, as well.

RU EARNED that win.  USF did not give it awya, and did not sdeserve it.

But iw as very imopressed with Grothe, and with the speed of your defense.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Why should USF have won?  RU forced 3 turnovers, and USF made otehr costly mistakes.

RU's QB was not great, but he made just ONE mistake, on the interception.

I only recall one bad call against USF that hurt USF (the spot on leonard's 3rd down catch that eld to a 1st down and the 1st TD).  I do recall a number of bad calls that hurt RU (several times USF twsited Ray Rice's head and helmet well after the play was over with no call, and the awful non-call when #51 of USF tackled leonard before he could get the pass ... that was defensive holding if I ever saw one).  But the ref were pretty consistent both ways.

RU made fewer errors.  RU dominated time of possession.  RU managed the clock better and forced USF to take crucial timeouts that eventually cost USF dearly.

RU outolayed USF in a very tough game, and RU outcoached USF, as well.

RU EARNED that win.  USF did not give it awya, and did not sdeserve it.

But iw as very imopressed with Grothe, and with the speed of your defense.

what game were u watching? 1 bad call against USF?  Grothe was called for grounding.  He was outside the tackles and the ball went past the line of scrimmage- more than the no call i SAW WHEN TEEL DIDN'T GET THE BALL TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.  That is only one of the horrific calls I saw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

making no excuses for the loss, other than we could not stop the run and had no ground game ourselves.  But what did the people in the stadium think of the two-point play to Hill?  On TV angles, looked like he was mugged.