• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Philly vs. Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Personally, I know I have been looking forward to this since 1996 when the Cryers knocked us out of the play-offs in six games....This year I have to believe it will be a different result....Yes the 8 days of rest might have been a bad thing but I believe it has given the Bolts time to work on important things like the Power Play...I believe the Lightning will win in 6 games because the speed of the Bolts will be to much for the older, beat up Flyers.....It will be very physical and it is imperative that we stay out of the penalty box so not to give the Flyers many power play opportunities because they have converted 7 of 35 with the extra man in the play-offs....The defense does not scare me as much as it would if Malakhov was still in the line-up which it looks like he will not be able to play....Our checking line will need to step up and stop the Roenick line.....Go Bolts...I have waited for this moment for 12 years....

8 down 8 to go until Captain Dave and his troops carry the Stanley Cup across the ice in front of 20,000 screaming Lightning fans

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

bb, this should be fun ........... I hope you're right about the 20,000 Lightning fans but I have a feeling with the large amount of tickets that were available, the "Tampadelphia' asswipes may be out in force ..... Could get ugly. Can't wait!!!!

I hope Philly fans are there bc if they are we need to treat them like they treated the Bucs fans up there...Payback is a b****

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

tampa in 7

Guest bullshiznitzII

I like those thoughts bigbull. Philly fans suck. I cant wait to see the Bolts skate circles around them. Im sick of still hearing the  Bolts arent tough enough, wah wah wah. They won the regular season east title, not by luck, but by being **** good. They have easily won both playoff series. With the way Bulin is playing, Bolts in six, maybe 5. Then on to the Cup verse San Jose.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Well, let's be realistic as far as tickets go....

When you TRIPLE the face value from what the regular season costs were... you can't reasonably expect to sell out the arena as soon as tickets go on sale in a Florida city where the average salary lags behind NorthEastern cities that tend to dictate payroll and ticket price.

$70 for a terrace corner seat that cost $27.50 during the regular season is nuts.  Don't even get me started on the lower seats that were $60 that are now like $200.

Just to let you know....The ticket prices for the next two rounds are set by the NHL....The individual teams have the right to set prices at any price at or above the set price and the Bolts have set the prices right at minimum....So do not blame the Lightning, blame the league....I figure this might be a once in a lifetime chance to see the Bolts win the Cup so I am going to spend the money neccessary to keep my seats.

8 down 8 to go until Captain Dave and his troops carry the Stanley Cup in front of 20,000 screaming Lightning fans

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Just to let you know....The ticket prices for the next two rounds are set by the NHL....The individual teams have the right to set prices at any price at or above the set price and the Bolts have set the prices right at minimum....So do not blame the Lightning, blame the league....I figure this might be a once in a lifetime chance to see the Bolts win the Cup so I am going to spend the money neccessary to keep my seats.

It IS a once in a lifetime chance.  I'm just stating that the casual fan who has started attending since the amazing run they've had since January is experiencing sticker shock right now.  I know I am.

That being said, I'm holding out for the Finals so I can go see a game.  I HAD tickets for Game 5 of the Canadiens series, but it never got that far.   ;D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

It IS a once in a lifetime chance.  I'm just stating that the casual fan who has started attending since the amazing run they've had since January is experiencing sticker shock right now.  I know I am.

That being said, I'm holding out for the Finals so I can go see a game.  I HAD tickets for Game 5 of the Canadiens series, but it never got that far.   ;D

There should still be enough Lightning fans willing to pony up for these last two series, regardless. I understand it's going to price a lot of people out but others should be there to fill in .............. I'm going to be pissed if there's an inordinate number of Cryer fans in the house.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

bigbull-that is long wait