• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sidenote: T.O. Attempts Suicide

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived, The Associated Press reported Wednesday citing a police report.

ESPN Radio

A police report says that Terrell Owens was hospitalized after a suicide attempt. Ed Werder and ESPN Radio 103.3's Jennifer Engel give the latest news and early reaction from Dallas.

• Mike and Mike  

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told a friend "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that [his] prescription pain medication was empty and observed [Owens] putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.

The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time [he] stated, 'Yes.'"

KTVT-TV in Dallas reported that a woman named "Etheridge", likely his publicist Kim Etheridge, called police at 7:51 p.m. to report a suicide attempt. KTVT-TV reported that Owens ingested 35 pills.

Owens left the hospital early this morning, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. A hospital spokeswoman told The Associated Press early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Dallas police officials, who said they were planning a news conference later Wednesday, did not immediately release a time. The Cowboys have called a 2:30 p.m. ET news conference.

Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Owens was taken to the emergency room Tuesday night. A source close to Owens had told ESPN's Ed Werder early Wednesday morning that Owens was suffering an adverse reaction to painkillers taken for treatment of his fractured hand.

"This is not serious," Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, before news of the reported suicide attempt was released.

A report earlier Tuesday stated that Owens would practice with the team Wednesday and possibly play Sunday at Tennessee, but his availability this week and beyond is now uncertain.

Owens

Owens fractured the fourth metacarpal bone in the Cowboys' victory over the Washington Redskins and underwent surgery on Sept. 18. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells mentioned in a press conference shortly thereafter that pain medication had made Owens ill, apparently making this the second time he has had an adverse reaction. The incident that sent him to the hospital Tuesday night apparently occurred sometime after Owens took medication after catching passes at the Cowboys' facility on Tuesday.

With the Cowboys having had a bye last weekend, it was thought that Owens could return without having missed a game. Before Wednesday's developments, Owens said he would play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

We often have to hit bottom before we can start the climb up.  Hopefully, this will be the start of the new T.O.  I wish him well and as soon as I reach perfection myself, I will criticize him.

God be with you and your family, T.O.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

He hasn't been right ever since is grandmother died. I don't know if anyone has seen the Sports Centery thing on him, but he really has a lot of troubles with his personal life.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I wish Terrell a speedy recovery, both physical and psychological. And this is coming from an Eagles fan.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

I wish Terrell a speedy recovery, both physical and psychological. And this is coming from an Eagles fan.

Worst thing he ever did was get Rosenhaus as his agent. He needed better guidance during all that mess and I don't think Drew was the one to give it to him ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... And this is coming from an Eagles fan.

But I am sure there will be quite a few in Philly that will show him NO love  :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

... And this is coming from an Eagles fan.

But I am sure there will be quite a few in Philly that will show him NO love  :P

They're upcoming game will be a must see just for the signs ... ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

TO's problems will begin when he is done with football in a year of two

he has come close to rock bottom

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

didnt look suicidel today

he look homicidal