• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to perennial football powerhouse Kansas...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Being 6'5" is great, but hopefully you never meet MikeG because having all of your teeth is rather nice too.   Although, I guess you can still drink beer without teeth.   Does your girlfriend go for the distressed look?

Worse comes to worse there are always implants.   Not as good as natural teeth, but better than a bridge or dentures.

Holy crap. I got 3rd party threatened. How did I miss that? That is classic.

1.to play in an nfl stadium

2.a chance to start for a bcs team in big east

3.play in tampa

4.great school

5.great facility

6.a chance to be part of something exciting

Seems getting recruits to USF by the simple factor of the weather should give them a few recruits each year by Northeast & Midwest prospects. "Hey, you want to play where it's rainy, snowy, and gloomy for 5 months of the year, or come play where it's sunny everyday? Bet your parents would love to come down here to watch you as well."

Look at Louisville and West Virginia's recruiting base. All over the country. USF's - with the exception of a few - are all from Florida. Know it's one heck of a football base, but there are great players all over. Plus, I realize money,

exposure, and rankings help them as well.

UL

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lou-m-footbl-mtt.html

WVU

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?sport=football&show=roster

It is so easy to criticize after the fact when you don't have to make the decisions that the coach has to make at the spur of the moment. It is so easy to tear everything down when you are not "in the arena."  

Winning is about a team being positive and believing in itself and its about the people who support that team being positive even when they make mistakes so that they will get back into their efforts and try to win.

negativeism just destroys it all and can cause a team to give up. this is not the time for criticism. Its time to rally behind the team so that every player gives his all to win. If you guys don't understand this then you don't have a clue!

What a flowery load of cowpie crap these statements were to read.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

From flowery cowpie crap things can grow and flourish. Your acidic solution can only destroy.

Actually things grow great from cowpies.  great fertalizer.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

dabull- your EXPECTATIONS ARE TOO LOW

dont think so.  i want to win every game

diffence between us I see JL as the man that will do it and you don't.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11

A long history isn't necessarily a good thing. KU has been playing football for over 100 years but our "history" really works against us. As a lot of posts in here indicate, our history of mediocrity makes it hard for people to recognize when we've made good strides, as we have the last 4 years. The perception of KU will be extremely difficult to change, and we'll have to be a bowl team for several years in a row for people to start to recognize we are an improved program. Even then you'll probably still get the "you should never lose to Kansas" types that still have history clouding their perception of our program.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

A long history isn't necessarily a good thing. KU has been playing football for over 100 years but our "history" really works against us. As a lot of posts in here indicate, our history of mediocrity makes it hard for people to recognize when we've made good strides, as we have the last 4 years. The perception of KU will be extremely difficult to change, and we'll have to be a bowl team for several years in a row for people to start to recognize we are an improved program. Even then you'll probably still get the "you should never lose to Kansas" types that still have history clouding their perception of our program.

IMO, it takes a decade of winning seasons with bowl games and a winning bowl record to be considered a perennial "good" team.  Being from Omaha NE myself, I can't imagine KU rising to the top of the Big12 N. Division on an annual basis but being in the hunt ea. season will be important for the J-Hawks.  If I was a KU alum, being close 75% of the time and a trip to the Big 12 CG once a decade would be a good goal for KU.  As for the Bulls & being a 10 season ticket holder, I'm read for the Bulls to win something - a conference title or a bowl game.  Wish I could tell you good luck vs. NE but...well you know how that goes.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It is so easy to criticize after the fact when you don't have to make the decisions that the coach has to make at the spur of the moment. It is so easy to tear everything down when you are not "in the arena."

Winning is about a team being positive and believing in itself and its about the people who support that team being positive even when they make mistakes so that they will get back into their efforts and try to win.

negativeism just destroys it all and can cause a team to give up. this is not the time for criticism. Its time to rally behind the team so that every player gives his all to win. If you guys don't understand this then you don't have a clue!

It is easy for us to criticize because we see things that are done wrong.  In reality, the biggest effect we have on the team is showing up to games and providing money to the school.  

If we do not have the people to do things right, then it wont matter how positive we are about anything.

It's the coaches and players that need to remain positive.  That said, most people here are positive, and that's a good thing.  I hope the negative ones are still showing up and cheering.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Why in hell would a top recruit being wooed by most BCS schools choose USF over them?

1.to play in an nfl stadium

2.a chance to start for a bcs team in big east

3.play in tampa

4.great school

5.great facility

6.a chance to be part of something exciting

7. playing close to home so family can watch them

true and there are more points that i cant think of

mikeg's #7 is one of the better reasons

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, it takes a decade of winning seasons with bowl games and a winning bowl record to be considered a perennial "good" team.  Being from Omaha NE myself, I can't imagine KU rising to the top of the Big12 N. Division on an annual basis but being in the hunt ea. season will be important for the J-Hawks.  If I was a KU alum, being close 75% of the time and a trip to the Big 12 CG once a decade would be a good goal for KU.  As for the Bulls & being a 10 season ticket holder, I'm read for the Bulls to win something - a conference title or a bowl game.  Wish I could tell you good luck vs. NE but...well you know how that goes.

usf has access to the the games best talent and if and when usf gets a coach that can hrvest that talent we will be a top 25 team

talent wins games

usf's win of opportunity is closing with this coaching staff.how many .500 seasons will fans tolerate?

kansas isnt usf.usf has  a distinct advantage in football

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

usf's win of opportunity is closing with this coaching staff.how many .500 seasons will fans tolerate?

Quickly now!!  How many .500 or below seasons have we had?  No peeking!!