• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost to perennial football powerhouse Kansas...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

FSU almost lost to Troy

almost but dont forget

fsu has had 25 years of competitive greatness

usf has hit a wall

usf lost last 3 games of last year

won first 3 this year

and lost saturday

usf is a mediocre program right now.the cupboard is bare.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I want this team to take it up a notch.

No team. Sucks. Got a team. Awesome. Division II. Cool. Division I. Better. C-USA. Okay. Big East. Better. Great strides.

Why stop there? It seems many of you are just happy being a Division I team that got to join the Big East. Well, I'm not. Don't think smazza is either. Louisville step it up. So did West Virginia. Why is USF letting them lead the way? Louisville was a B-ball school, and no one even cared about their football team for years. Amazing what pizza can do for a team.

I must say I am with you on this.  I dont think we should stop there.  Its about having respect in your alma mater, as corny as it sounds. If we are going to be in the BE we have to gain the respect of our conference. Sorry to say but right now i dont think we have.  No one I know who attended a BE school tells me they are nervous about our program, bball or fball (believe me i hear it a lot).  USF tends to accept mediocracy for as long as I have been here.  We are happy if we somewhat compete.  Why cant we demand to take the bull by the horn and lead the big east, especially in football (basketball is the BE sport, we have years to be a force there).  I was always told the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing day in and day out and expecting a different result".  We need to change and step up our programs in numerous ways, Im not gonna try to act like I know how it should be done, people get paid for that, but im just saying things need to change.  We should be beating kansas in football every single time.

The good thing is matt grothe, it doesnt look like it will be too hard to build around him.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Think UF, UM, or FSU would ever lose to Kansas? Not in a million years.

that may be the stupidest thing you have said.  have you seen FSU and Miami play this year?

kansas was 7-5 last year, beat Nebraska 40-15 at home.  They have now won 9 in a row at home I believe.

yeah, it was a VERY winnable game, but just because you havent seen kansas play doesnt mean they arent decent.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

btw, i still think this year can prove we HAVE continued to made strides as we garner recruits from big east hype.  we also made a bowl game which seems to have boosted attendance this year.  

if not for the close game where we choked against UConn, we finish tied for 2nd in big east, with a win over Louisville beign tie-breaker I would assume.

yeah, we were only 6-6 last year, but that was with playing a 1 loss Penn state team and an apparently invincable miami team that would never lose to a team like kansas.  

we have a good chance with grothe to improve upon that record and recruiting

Guest R_to_the_izzo

The thing is jfc, no one wants us to stop making strides. We all expect to be competing for a NC by the time I graduate (between 4 and 7 years  8-)). Many of us have come on here and said, this will be a down year for USF, if we win 7,8,9 we will be lucky.

Again, my bet was if we 7, because YOU don't think we can. I think we could run the table if we ever play a full 4. But realistically I think we will lose 2-3 more.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Some on here think that bashing the team will help this team better.

And they think not bashing the program will keep us at the same level we are at.

Some need to realize that what we say on here has NOTHING to do with what happens with our Beloved BULLS ! It has the similar non effect if you are in the stands ... if you are booing the performace, no help to the team. IF you cheer, NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE IS(within reason) ... you just may help. Or just sit there and shut up if you can't cheer on your team. Or just leave if you think they are gonna lose, seen that too many times.

::)

We have some real jokers on here  ;D

My thoughts on message boards are for fans to get together and chat and exchange thoughts on thei beloved team. But some would rather just bash thinking that will help.

It's easay to give opinion to teh negative without bashing or making smart ass comments.

Some are in a sad little world and want to the world to know it.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

jfcio, I like your passion. same goes for smazzi. thats what makes this board so addictive. I'm glad that you are (can I say this joke?) head gorilla of your monkey company.

Its easy to complain and I'm sure you are sincere, but the fact is we are living in a state that has 3 schools that have won boocoodles of national championships. the problem is that while USF is trying to move into the big time, they have to compete with those schools. neither louisville or west virginia have this problem. this is going to be a long process and its going to take patients and if you dont see that, you are just going to frustate yourself. as for replacing cjl, I think he is doing a good job considering.

Oh ... and those that bash, I don't know you personally and really don't know what you're like...just making an observation from my 40 plus years (GAWD) on earth.

I know smazza a bit and call him my friend, I think he's a good guy. What he posts are totally way off in my opinion, especialy on the Mad Cow  ;)

People on here get called names for being negative and nice ... That's SOFA KING crasy !

... and it will never change  :-*

We are a BULL family and a family unfortunately "fights" ... sometimes.

Go BULLS !!!

... this is going to be a long process and its going to take patients and if you dont see that, you are just going to frustate yourself.

Some 4get that what we have here is AMAZING ... 2 losing seasons in 9 years and I would say MOST do not expect another.

And this University is expecting a bowl every year.

We're 3-1 and some want to just throw in the towel... I BULLIeve things will continue to be great and that is what I WANT !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Some are in a sad little world and want to the world to know it.

Well, if that was directed at me...or me as part of the some...I have a great life. I have a good job & salary, great girlfriend, and awesome family. I have a nice hobby that I enjoy, live in a cool house in an awesome neighborhood, and have wonderful pets that we adopted from the Humane Society where we both volunteer. I am very happy with my life. And, I thank God all the time for allowing me to have such a wonderful life. So, sorry doesn't apply to me.

I'm getting sick and tired of doing anything half-way.

Knute Rockne