• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers #23

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Instead of asking - who has Rutgers played to justify their ranking, ask yourself who has USF played to allow so much optimism. I have seen them play a div 1aa McNeese (losing for majority of game), barely a div 1a FIU (losing for majority of game), UCF a tier 3 div 1a (losing for majority of game), and Kansas a tier 2 div 1a school that everyone on this board thought would be beat (hoped USF would win but after first 3 games not so much).

This is not an insult to UCF, FIU, Kansas or McNeese but they are not stella opponents to ignite optimism and considering that USF could easily be 1-3 after those games, I see less reason to be optimistic about USF. I will keep wearing my USF gear, going to the games, and donating money to the program because I know that they will eventually get the right recruits, run the right schemes, and have the record to compete with the heavy weights in the state of FL. I would like to have Miami's success in such a short history but bullieve USF will win a championship in their first 100 years of football like UF has.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Rutgers IS a very good team, I am not discounting that.  But, USF at home will be the first true test for them, although Unc played them tough.  Toss up game, could go either way.  Hopefully for the espn cameras we come up with another performace like last years UL game.  Wouldn't that be great.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143

Instead of asking - who has Rutgers played to justify their ranking, ask yourself who has USF played to allow so much optimism. I have seen them play a div 1aa McNeese (losing for majority of game), barely a div 1a FIU (losing for majority of game), UCF a tier 3 div 1a (losing for majority of game), and Kansas a tier 2 div 1a school that everyone on this board thought would be beat (hoped USF would win but after first 3 games not so much).

This is not an insult to UCF, FIU, Kansas or McNeese but they are not stella opponents to ignite optimism and considering that USF could easily be 1-3 after those games, I see less reason to be optimistic about USF. I will keep wearing my USF gear, going to the games, and donating money to the program because I know that they will eventually get the right recruits, run the right schemes, and have the record to compete with the heavy weights in the state of FL. I would like to have Miami's success in such a short history but bullieve USF will win a championship in their first 100 years of football like UF has.  

very well said!  i completely agree.  we are not a caliber team yet, its always nice to have wishful thinking but you always gotta keep things realistic.

I agree, beating RU would be great and help make this past loss sting less. The RU team I have watched and seen highlights of this year scares me. They get the job done and in a far more convincing manner then USF has. MG should be able to move the ball via the air but the running game (other then MG) needs to get positive yardage.

The D line has to do a much better job jamming the running lanes then they have so far this year because RU might be the best running game USF will face other then WVU.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

QB has not regressed.

RB's - TBD when Ponton gets back.

DLine - Young - Regressed as expected... Julimeste is missed.

Receivers have not regressed.

Linebackers - about even.

DB's - about even.

Kicking - Regressed significantly.

what about oline?

Rutgers IS a very good team, I am not discounting that.  But, USF at home will be the first true test for them, although Unc played them tough.  Toss up game, could go either way.  Hopefully for the espn cameras we come up with another performace like last years UL game.  Wouldn't that be great.  

rutgers is not a very good team

Oline - stayed about the same as last year, which is a form of regression

RU has been playing very well and should be considered a good football team. There is no name recognition for RU but cmon Smazza, this team should be in the top 25.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  20

Our QB has been mediocre at best this year.  The rest of the team is very solid.  I gotta assume you will seriously stack the box and make Teel beat you.  Should be an interesting game.

RU has been playing very well and should be considered a good football team. There is no name recognition for RU but cmon Smazza, this team should be in the top 25.

ru has beaten nobody

let's see what happens when they play a ranked team

they are the east coast darlings

beating usf is no big feather either