• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watch Party Comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

if you can't find a place to watch the game in south tampa, then come up to Clubhouse on Fowler.  great atmosphere, and the place was packed with bulls fans and 4 gaytor fans (not to worry, we gave them hell all night with uk, and wildcat cheers) alau, and myself even did push ups while everybody counted to 7.  it was a fun time, minus the outcome of the game.  Andythebull, where were you sitting?  i was in the back room.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I agree it was a great time at clubhouse.  Plus some pretty good food.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

if you can't find a place to watch the game in south tampa, then come up to Clubhouse on Fowler.  great atmosphere, and the place was packed with bulls fans and 4 gaytor fans (not to worry, we gave them hell all night with uk, and wildcat cheers) alau, and myself even did push ups while everybody counted to 7.  it was a fun time, minus the outcome of the game.  Andythebull, where were you sitting?  i was in the back room.

I was at the table to the left when you first walk in the door. For anyone else who was there, I was the guy with the horns and the jersey.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I was the guy who was rooting for USF and screaming "Go Bulls!"

jk - I was at Capogna's  

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

jk - I was at Capogna's  

That made me realize how stupid that sounded, I didnt see anyone else wearing horns at the Clubhouse was the point. And also, I dont know why I hadnt joined, but I got the application for SBC over the weekend.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557

I'm friends with the owners of Tate Brothers Pizza on Davis Islands in South Tampa.  If you all think that might be a place you might want to meet, I'll talk to him about the possibility of reserving the side room for USF games.  Talked with him a bit on Saturday AM and he did have the game on in the place, so maybe he'd be willing to host.

Let me know.

Bummer about the house.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

jk - I was at Capogna's  

That made me realize how stupid that sounded, I didnt see anyone else wearing horns at the Clubhouse was the point. And also, I dont know why I hadnt joined, but I got the application for SBC over the weekend.

you should definetly join, and i did see you when you were walking out.  i was standing at the table when you first come in

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I was at the table to the left when you first walk in the door. For anyone else who was there, I was the guy with the horns and the jersey.

I think I was sitting almost next to you.  I was sitting one over that Kansas chick, and in front of the "I'm loving it" guy.  I had a great time over there, I even walked away with a shirt.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

...It's not just enough to say"Hey, Press box is a good place to meet."  Management needs to be involved, they need to see that the people will come and spend the money...  

Which I think is why Elmers didn't really pan out. It never did draw the traffic specifically for USF. Matt lugged the give-aways down there week after week, we did the fill-out-a-card-and-win-a-prize thing that we'd give out at the half. The best we had about a dozen people, and it's really more of a local watering hole than a 'sports bar'.  That's why the thinking of an established 'sports' bar springs to mind (Beef O'Bradys or the Press Box). Then again, no guarantee that they're not going to know that the bulk of their patronage is Seminator 'Cane types to begin with..

Personally, thats a long haul from North Tampa and - just callin' it the way I see it - Capogna's and the Clubhouse are pretty much the standard.  If you could pull of something like either of those far north or far south of Kennedy, that'd be just peachy.

Jim...what was the rough headcount for the game at LRS?

[

Jim...what was the rough headcount for the game at LRS?

I would say there were maybe 30-35 people there specifically for USF.  A lot more people there watching the game and cheering - but not obviously for USF (as in wearing non-USF gear).