• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two turning points in the game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

1) The two stupid penalties that lead to their touchdown.

2) THE **** PHANTOM OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE...That took away all momentum we had. Amp Hill's first big play of the year was negated by a crap call.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

While the Offensive Screen wasn't a good call, I probably would have wanted it if it was against us, so I'm not gonna jump on the ref.

True, Joe.  It wasn't a phantom call... it was called because USF ran a pick play and the TE started actually blocking rather than a quick "rub" of the defender trying to follow Amp Hill.  It's one reason Hill was able to go 46 yards down the field...

The phantom fumble, on the other hand...

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

the announcers mentioned it looked as though the LB made contact which could have been called the other way of def pass interference for hitting him past 5 yards...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Even Leavitt said Sunday that he agreed with the call. "He picked him," he said of tight end Devin Gordon. Leavitt took more exception to the Walt Smith fumble, feeling like Smith's knee had touched the ground before the ball came loose ...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

I think the game was lost when Leavitt didn't challenge  RB Walt Smith knee was down before fumbling... He is quoted in the paper that he thought the knee was down. Apparently he would rather save a time out then challenging the call and maintaining possession. I was shocked Leavitt didn't challenge.

It's a no brain er decision.....

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

I think the game was lost when Leavitt didn't challenge  RB Walt Smith knee was down before fumbling... He is quoted in the paper that he thought the knee was down. Apparently he would rather save a time out then challenging the call and maintaining possession. I was shocked Leavitt didn't challenge.

There is no doubt that was an error on Leavitt's part.  Any close calls that late in the game should be challenged.  And that WAS the turning point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

There is no doubt that was an error on Leavitt's part.  Any close calls that late in the game should be challenged.  And that WAS the turning point.

The timeout was more important at that point in the game being down by only a td. You never know for sure if they're going to definitive proof to overturn .....

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

There was still a POSSIBILITY that it would be overturned.  We were marching down field and the momentum was on our side.  KU defense looked as if they were playing not to lose at that point, protecting their small lead.  IMO, that fumble was crucial, and I wished Leavitt would of spent two timeouts to review that.