• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg's Blog: Leavitt is Pepsi Drinker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

DONT DRINK CARBONATED DRINKS as a rule but forced to choose

the sweet stuff pepsi is the one

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover
I just had that same debate with my roommate... I said why should McDonald's advertise so much when there is already product recognition... I would cut the advertising budget in half myself... same with Pepsi and Coke. I never ask for a soda at a store, I say "May I have a coke please (meaning Pepsi of course). Anyways...

It has to do with remaining in the consumer's evoked set.  There is a lot more going on in the consumer's mind than just what we think at the consciouness level.  Showing a tasty burger on tv probably won't have much impact on most people right then and there but it may actually "cue" a response the next time someone is driving down the street and decides they are hungry.  The picture of the burger may be enough to sway the consumer to saying "Instead of a taco, I think I want a burger"  The consumer may not know why but the response might actually be from the commercial

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That's my logic whenever I see a good looking girl on a beer commercial and I'm at home by myself. I run to the nearest bar, throw back a couple drinks, and the bar is amazingly packed with good looking girls two hours later. Always seems to happen...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

My favorite word on this whole thread is "undrunk." And as we speak, I'm scanning in Zapruder-quality images that indisputably show Leavitt drinking Pepsi ... no, not really.