• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference v Conference Breakdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

conf_break.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

For those that think we really shouldn't have a 1AA tune-up game, The Big 12 played 8 1AA teams, the Big Ten and the ACC played 7, PAC-10 amd Big East 4, and the SEC 3.

For those that think we really shouldn't have a 1AA tune-up game, The Big 12 played 8 1AA teams, the Big Ten and the ACC played 7, PAC-10 amd Big East 4, and the SEC 3.

The BCS conferences played MORE I-AA teams than the non-BCS: 4.833 per conference to 4.2 per conference (not including the Independents).  That's interesting.

So I guess BCS teams do play I-AA teams.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

How about the Big 10 going 5-2 against I-AA's????

It's nice to see C-USA has remained on par with the SunBelt @ 1-1 also.  In reality, the SunBelt almost had a win over the ACC also....Troy - FSU.  (Just thinking back on how close we were to that loss to FIU at the same time!)  That's a good chart....it will be interesting to follow over the season.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I think the SEC vs BCS numbers are interesting. While the SEC is considered the strongest conference, they've got a sub .500 record against other BCS teams.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Two things that stick out to be about the SEC. Miss St lost to Tulane while South Carolina played a tough game against Wofford. Ole Miss looks terrible. Kentucky is the usual lame football team. The SEC may be the toughest conference, but they have their share of terrible teams right now.  I love the way the BIG EAST is going with having only 8 teams because it cuts a lot of the dead weight out of the league. Heck even Syracuse is giving the BIG TEN trouble by beating Illinois and taking Iown to OT.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sorry but Cincy and Syracuse are deadweight right now. Cuse might have beaten Illinois, but that's not saying much, they might be the 2nd worst team in BCS college football.

Cuse and Cincy will struggle to win 4-5 this year. Every conference is going to have dead weight no matter how hard you try.

If I ranked them:

1) SEC

2) Big 10

3) Big 12

4) Big East

5) ACC

6) Pac 10

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I know that both Cincy and Syracuse are the weak links to the BIG EAST right now, but I am saying that at least Syracuse beats weak links from the BIG TEN. Miss St loses to a weak link in C-USA. Poor UK has no chance to even compete. And lets just say that both South Carolina and Ole Miss have not been impressive. Bottom line is that you are going to have more dead weight in these 12 team conferences then you would have in an 8 team conference. I also love the fact that the BIG EAST will play each other every year in football unlike the SEC, B12, ACC, etc. If the BIG EAST is ever to expand then I say just add 1 strong team just to help with the scheduling. Right now, Mike Tranghese is looking like a genius with the way the BIG EAST has performed this season.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

your anaylsis is wrong

when you are an established program in a bigger conference you might be able to get away with a 1aa game.

teams that play a 1aa game dont usually play 2 non bcs games also

the big east  is the worst conference and will remain so until they upgrade their schedule

a great record against weak team mean nothing

i need to see games against ranked opponents

rutgers is playing howard this week!that is great for usf because rutgers really isnt preparing to play usf.playing howard dsoesnt prepared them for anything.