• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Friday dinner will either be Plaza III or Pierponts, which is the overall better choice?

in my mind a tough call. pierponts is cool because it is in the renovated Union Station, but plaza III is on the plaza which is cool itself. the food...well, you cant go wrong with either....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I noticed Shuttle service is available from Burge Union (Irving Hill Road just north of the Burge Union) or the parking lot south of Robinson Center. (See below)   Which of these are the better lots to tailagate from (BBQ hotdogs, bratworst, etc)

Shuttle Service Information

Park FREE in the parking garage north of Allen Fieldhouse, at the Burge Union in lot 72 adjacent to Allen Fieldhouse, or in lot 90 south of Robinson Center across Naismith Drive from Allen Fieldhouse and ride the shuttle bus to Memorial Stadium.

An accessible shuttle bus is also available from lot 90, south of Robinson Center, and dispatched by radio to the Burge Union location. Board the shuttle for the return trip at the same location you are dropped off.

Service begins: 2 hours prior to kickoff

Cost: Cost: $2 per person one way, $3 per person round trip

Depart: From Burge Union (Irving Hill Road just north of the Burge Union) or the parking lot south of Robinson Center

The accessible shuttle bus is available at two locations. It is staged in lot 90 and dispatched by radio to the Burge Union location. Board the shuttle for the return trip at the same location you are dropped off.

Return: Board the bus east of Memorial Stadium in lot 53 along Mississippi Street. Service will be available from the end of the 3rd quarter until 30 minutes after the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

California, preaching on the burning shore,

California, I'll be knocking on your golden door

4 hours might be pushing it a bit if you want to have a beer Dad.  As noted above tailgating is allowed in certain areas. I'd just ask the attendant when you enter the lot.

She's got everything delightful,

She's got everything I need,

takes the wheel when I'm seein' double,

pays my ticket when I speed...

Ah, you warm an old man's heart, JBB.   Be nice to meet you up there.

Thanks for the info.

I noticed Shuttle service is available from Burge Union (Irving Hill Road just north of the Burge Union) or the parking lot south of Robinson Center. (See below)   Which of these are the better lots to tailagate from (BBQ hotdogs, bratworst, etc)

Shuttle Service Information

Park FREE in the parking garage north of Allen Fieldhouse, at the Burge Union in lot 72 adjacent to Allen Fieldhouse, or in lot 90 south of Robinson Center across Naismith Drive from Allen Fieldhouse and ride the shuttle bus to Memorial Stadium.

An accessible shuttle bus is also available from lot 90, south of Robinson Center, and dispatched by radio to the Burge Union location. Board the shuttle for the return trip at the same location you are dropped off.

Service begins: 2 hours prior to kickoff

Cost: Cost: $2 per person one way, $3 per person round trip

Depart: From Burge Union (Irving Hill Road just north of the Burge Union) or the parking lot south of Robinson Center

The accessible shuttle bus is available at two locations. It is staged in lot 90 and dispatched by radio to the Burge Union location. Board the shuttle for the return trip at the same location you are dropped off.

Return: Board the bus east of Memorial Stadium in lot 53 along Mississippi Street. Service will be available from the end of the 3rd quarter until 30 minutes after the game.

don't bother with the shuttle. if you get in early enough to Lawrence, here is a good place to go for free parking next to the stadium.....

If you look at a map of campus (available at ku.edu), Joseph R. Pearson Hall (or just JRP) is located due west of the stadium. It is literally up the hill to the west of the stadium. There is a faculty parking lot located directly to the north of JRP, or what we call a "blue lot" here. It is literally a stone's throw from the stadium and would be free to park in. Otherwise, there are a few lots directly to the east of the stadium and directly to the southeast. I am not sure about those, but I don't think they require a permit of any type. They are good lots too. Seriously, if you need a shuttle to a KU game, you are talking about basketball! The parking here is very very accomodating for football, and you will have no problems being in a lot right around the stadium, assuming you were to get there by 4-4:30 pm for a 6pm start. If you will be tailgating all day, you are seriously home free.  good luck!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35

We need to come up with a meeting place around 3:00 to 4:00 to meet everybody. I live in Topeka and will be there early watching the early games on a battery TV in a Grey Minivan with a "FSU Noles" license plate on the front. I will be in a long sleeve shirt that says "South Florida Football" on it and my son (14) will be in a KU jersey. My father will be there too but he will be nuetral :)

As far as BBQ, John Brown has his opinion, I have mine. One of the spots he mentioned that was bad is actually the best known in Lawrence and it is that for a reason. I ain't saying where   ;) cause I don't want to wait a long time to set. We go there every time we are in Lawrence and and we leave early so we can beat the crowd. About 30 minutes after we get there, they are lined up WAY down the street to get in.

We need to come up with a meeting place around 3:00 to 4:00 to meet everybody. I live in Topeka and will be there early watching the early games on a battery TV in a Grey Minivan with a "FSU Noles" license plate on the front. I will be in a long sleeve shirt that says "South Florida Football" on it and my son (14) will be in a KU jersey. My father will be there too but he will be nuetral :)

As far as BBQ, John Brown has his opinion, I have mine. One of the spots he mentioned that was bad is actually the best known in Lawrence and it is that for a reason. I ain't saying where   ;) cause I don't want to wait a long time to set. We go there every time we are in Lawrence and and we leave early so we can beat the crowd. About 30 minutes after we get there, they are lined up WAY down the street to get in.

Buffalo Bob's is crap. It is only popular for out of towners. Go down 1 block on mass and on the left eat at Vermont Street BBQ. The stuff you crap out afterwards is what is served at Buffalo Bob's.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35

Who said it was Buffalo Bob's? Remember, I live in Topeka and come to Lawrence about once a week. I am not an "out of towner" :)

Who said it was Buffalo Bob's? Remember, I live in Topeka and come to Lawrence about once a week. I am not an "out of towner" :)

sorry my T-town neighbor to the west. i guess John Brown did mention Vermont Street as good. I agree....for Lawrence. Buff Bob's blows. That is all that the visitors need to know....stay away!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

I leave for Wichita on Friday morning.  Pick a place to meet before then and I will be there.  Look for a 50 year old guy in a bulls shirt and on a cane.  I will be parking in the handicapped lot in a blue honda or a black ford ranger.  My son in law's vehicles...honda or ford...blech!