• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

matt grothe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont understand why announcers and people are so hung up on his lack of height.

the kid is a winner and an obvious student of the game.

he will be one of the best qbs in usa by he senior year.usf needs to upgrade talent around him.grothe is special.

he is a pleasure to watch.

why our coaching staff continues to run on 3rd and long is a mystery to me.this kid is aplaymaker and coaching staff has to let him make plays.the coaching staff needs to trust him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And I think our fans know we can win any game with GrothE.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

I thought he played 100 time better this week then he did last week. I'm still skeptical of his arm strength, but other than that it's safe to say he is the QB of the Bulls for the next 4 years.

As for play calling, on 3rd and 18 from our own 20 when were up by 7, I'd say try and milk the clock a little more, he broke 2 big runs on 3rd down so I guess they figured he would do it again.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Only thing I am corcerned is that he ran too much.  Do we have QB depth?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It didn't looked like he lacked any arm strength on Randolph's TD. That was a solid pass.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

we ran the ball on third and long a few times to burn some clock and regroup at halftime.

The play calling was a llittle shakey here and there but Grothe is showing other defenses they had better respect his running ability. And when they respect that aspect, we start getting zone/single coverage on our best receivers. I have no doubts about arm strength-- he zipped that last TD to Ean and really threaded the needle. If I have any knock on his throwing, it would be that he sometimes does a jump/throw motion and with mixed results.