• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Those who want UCF series are shortsighted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Bullheaded,

You're contradicting yourself here. First, why play Memphis or some other high tier non BCS team instead of UCF? UCF economically will kill those games. I'd say UCF is an upper tier non-BCS team, not because they're a great team, but they are a heavily covered team.

Second, the reason I don't think playing a Ball State on the road is replacing the 2 "warmup" games is because IT'S on THE ROAD. No one plays warmup games on the road, you play warmup games in a comfortable environment so you're team can work on their game without a lot of pressure and adverse fans.

If you don't want to play UCF come out and say I don't want to play UCF because I don't want to have to deal with their fans. You've had like seven different reasons and they've all contradicted.

I'm not contradicting myself at all, you guys were all saying that dropping ucf is not a good idea if we're replacing them with buffalo and ball st. I merely stated that I think that's wrong and they are replacements for the fiu and mcneese games. Further if your concern is the quality of opponent, I'm simply pointing out that ucf is not so high on the totem pole that we don't have a huge menu of teams to pick from as a replacement. And as for ucf being "heavily covered".....not sure how to respond to that, I must be living on a COMPLETELY different planet than you.

And nobody plays tuneup games on the road, ok your entitled to that opinion. I'm not sure how you come up with that one but if you say so.

As for not wanting to play ucf, I've been very open about that. I have no interest whatsoever in this game. I was not born and raised in florida (most aren't) and I've never heard of them prior to culpepper and even then I really didn't know who they were. I've got family and friends spread out over the country and none of them have a clue who ucf is, not a frigging clue. Half the people in THIS area don't really know who they are (and the other have don't give a ****) So yeah, getting stuck playing a team that nobody in the world, outside of a few square miles in orlando, care about is not something that interests me in the least. If we're going to play some challenging mid majors then I could bring out a decent list of teams that I'd rather play than ucf. Just because their close doesn't make the game interesting.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

BullHeaded.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this game brought 45,000 tickets to RJS.

It's projected to have 42,000+ people there tomorrow.

Although we didn't sellout our allotment, it is are largest contingent ever to go to a road game. further, I think it's just a testament to our fans that we didn't sell out our allotment. I'm not buying the we only travel to see BCS teams cause we're bringing more to UCF than we did to Miami last year.

I have worked in college athletics and for a bowl game. While the game might be a novelty to you, any game that blows a game against a national title contending top 10 team out of the water in attendance is worth playing for ECONOMIC reasons if anything.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

BullHeaded.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this game brought 45,000 tickets to RJS.

It's projected to have 42,000+ people there tomorrow.

Although we didn't sellout our allotment, it is are largest contingent ever to go to a road game. further, I think it's just a testament to our fans that we didn't sell out our allotment. I'm not buying the we only travel to see BCS teams cause we're bringing more to UCF than we did to Miami last year.

I have worked in college athletics and for a bowl game. While the game might be a novelty to you, any game that blows a game against a national title contending top 10 team out of the water in attendance is worth playing for ECONOMIC reasons if anything.

I'm not suggesting your being a jerk, I'm just saying that once the novelty wears off those numbers will fall. Projection is already lower by 3k in the town that is arguably the more interested party and sales on our end was weak even though the game is practically at home. It's just my opinion that the interest will wane now that we are at the point of "been there, done that" I was mentioning the reasons this game has so little interest to me since most people in this area are transplants and ucf has very little if any meaning to us and aside from proximity they are just another mid major. I just don't think that this area will greatly support this game on a regular basis.

one last thing, what was our attendance for our first game ever? Did the area continue to support us in the same way over the years? I view our game against ucf in a very similar light, it was pretty cool at first but over time people want to see something more.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

This game will be useless to USF long term unless it becomes a true rivalry.  The only way that changes is for UCF to win at least 1 of the next 3 and play the other 2 close.  It's like the hammer and nail, to the nail it is a big rivalry.  To the hammer, not so much.

After last year's blow out and the BCS vs Non-BCS situation. UCF is the nail and USF is the hammer.  If UCF wins Saturday, the rivalry will begin.  If USF handles them easily, it is a rivalry that never got started.

If it does become a true rivalry, then forget the BCS/Non-BCS stuff.  Play the game.  Look what the FSU/UF game has turned into.  FSU was a girl's school and UF had to be forced into playing them.  Even before FSU joined the ACC, UF fans loved the game.

My bet is that this becomes a rivalry.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

2 questions to those who oppose this series:

1) The number one thing I hear is that USF has higher goals, and will reach them faster than UCF, and shouldnt "lower" themselves to UCF's level. My question is, what does that have ANYTHING to do with playing UCF every year?! If we're that good of a program, this will evolve into a "warmup game" instead of a rivalry. Either way, the fans win. We either hate UCF or laugh at them. But bottom line is that this is a game that we can all easily travel to, regardless how much hatred is involved.

2) What has USF done that UCF hasnt? USF has no right to be cocky about anything. We're an average program in an average conference. Yes, we got here in a relatively short amount of time, but USF has no right to act as if their **** dont stink.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

The main reason USF got in the CUSA before UCF and the Big East over UCF was the sports facilities.  Starting in 2007 that advantage goes away.  The only thing left is conference affiliation.  How well does that work for UK over Louisville?

Let the rivalry begin!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with over 45k at citrus bowl this rivalry is on