• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Buffalo 2011 & 12, Ball 2009 & 10, WKU 11&12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

UCF will never sign a 2-1 with USF.

deep down i think everyone knows this is true, i am begining to think USF-UCF this should be a yearly thing...

I would say that the student support for USF is really GREAT right now, and these are the kids (like myself) whom are gonne fill up RJS in the next 15-20 years...We all have a lot friends who go to UCF, this just makes the series even funner.

I wouldnt mind knowing i have a road game that I can always go to no matter what every two years...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

You know, the arrogance that USF is showing towards the UCF series, and then getting this news, REALLY makes about zero sense.

We DONT(alledgedly) want to do UCF every year, but we'll go play friggin Austin Peay - ON THE ROAD no less - is perfectly fine.

BULLSPIT!!!!!!

Austin Peay would be AWESOME!!! I'm down with that.  Blow off this UCF thing for some Peay action.  I think Peay players play both offense and defense.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

deep down i think everyone knows this is true, i am begining to think USF-UCF this should be a yearly thing...

I would say that the student support for USF is really GREAT right now, and these are the kids (like myself) whom are gonne fill up RJS in the next 15-20 years...We all have a lot friends who go to UCF, this just makes the series even funner.

I wouldnt mind knowing i have a road game that I can always go to no matter what every two years...

jeez dont you know were sooooo far above UCF ::) kinda funny that everyone but the students and the players dont see this as a real rivalry.  

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

I guess another way to put my question is this:

If information on the proposed future schedules is a matter of public record, then does that mean a written contract offer has been made?  It would seem it becomes record only when it is in writing (accepted or otherwise)...else, what is there to protect the integrity of the public record?

I'd like some clarification, but not sure how top get it.

My guess is it just establishes some form of audit trail up to the events that eventually occur.  Phone calls, meeting minutes, etc.

I mean in reality there was nothing official about the overtures with Alabama and Leavitt and the coaching position there.  There wasn't anything printed, but there was certainly some accuracy to the story.  

This story seems like it has more of an actual audit trail (in terms of physical documents that Floridians have access to) than the Alabama story.  That was just good old-fashioned investigative reporting and a few decent sources.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

jeez dont you know were sooooo far above UCF ::) kinda funny that everyone but the students and the players dont see this as a real rivalry.  

It's not a rivalry yet. But its mostly the older alumni and fans that don't want this game. They forget that most the students at the school know a lot of people at UCF and the players played with a lot of these guys and even went on recruiting visits with each other.

I think there are more benefits to this game than negatives...

Guest Sprtsfn627

Alright, here is a theory I've thought of:

There was at one time a Big East-MAC scheduling agreement in talks, where a certain amount of Big East teams would play an equal number of MAC teams on a home-and-home basis.  I haven't seen an article about it in a while, so I'm assuming the talks have died down.  There was also a Big Ten-MAC scheduling agreement, that one ended up going through and I believe started this year.  That much is true.

Now, these public records...if relatively new, they could represent a yet to be announced Big East-MAC scheduling agreement for the years of 09-12 with Buffalo and Ball State.  Or, if the records are not that new, they could represent what would have been had the Big East-MAC Challenge happened.

At any rate, that still doesn't account for the game against WKU.

WKU could be a future MAC team -- they are in the right geographic footprint... but it's also just as possible that we are helping WKU just as they help us by playing us as a I-AA team.

That would be a good thing.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

WKU haven't even squared away whether they'll move to D-IA. They just made the major intentions before the UGA this year.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Alright, here is a theory I've thought of:

There was at one time a Big East-MAC scheduling agreement in talks, where a certain amount of Big East teams would play an equal number of MAC teams on a home-and-home basis.  I haven't seen an article about it in a while, so I'm assuming the talks have died down.  There was also a Big Ten-MAC scheduling agreement, that one ended up going through and I believe started this year.  That much is true.

Now, these public records...if relatively new, they could represent a yet to be announced Big East-MAC scheduling agreement for the years of 09-12 with Buffalo and Ball State.  Or, if the records are not that new, they could represent what would have been had the Big East-MAC Challenge happened.

At any rate, that still doesn't account for the game against WKU.

I sincerely hope this theory is right.  I hope we didnt think on our own that these games would benefit us in any way.  Buffalo?? I know kids with two left feet that played there.  

ps i dont get this whole we shouldnt play ucf crap either.  Maybe I wasnt born in florida and do not have real hatred towards other florida universities, but this game always seems to get the most hype and could be a GREAT rivalry for years to come.  let it happen

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

You mean the students who practically had to be given tickets to get them over there ..... THOSE students?