• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roll Call for W.Ky road trip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Hell I've heard rumors, that are probably far more concrete then Brett's super secret booster guys, that we're in strong negotiations with Oklahoma for a home-and-home, but that didn't make the papers.  How conveniently odd!

They did report it last year with the rumored Nebraska game too.

That being said I doubt the Oklahoma game happens, their original intention was to do the game for recruiting purposes in the state of Florida. They solved that by signing Miami and FSU they have recently added  ND, Miami and Tennessee to their schedule in 2007-2015.

With the neutral game at Dallas they are risking less than 6 homes games by adding another away game during those times.

It could still happen and I'd believe that we are still in talks, but I can't see Oklahoma coming to RJS for a very long time without moving the Red River game to the campuses.

Oklahoma was just one, but it is still on-going.  We've got kinda this influential Administrator that's an Oklahoma Alum.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

It's hilarious watching you guys overreact to what was in the paper. Nowhere in that article does it mention that there is any deal that is signed. We are probably just talking with those teams, but that doesn't mean we're going to play them.

Not surprising that UCF fan has to comment on our schedule.

Yeah, McMurphy is starting to make a career out of speculation and inciteful articles.  

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

It's hilarious watching you guys overreact to what was in the paper. Nowhere in that article does it mention that there is any deal that is signed. We are probably just talking with those teams, but that doesn't mean we're going to play them.

Yeah, McMurphy is starting to make a career out of speculation and inciteful articles.  

Somebody made a good point to me tonight.  If this was an article about USF scheduling a 1 for 1 with Florida everybody would have a collective b*ner.  Since it is WKU, Ball State and Buffalo we're ****ting on the messenger.

There is some truth to that me thinks.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Somebody made a good point to me tonight.  If this was an article about USF scheduling a 1 for 1 with Florida everybody would have a collective b*ner.  Since it is WKU, Ball State and Buffalo we're ****ting on the messenger.

Maybe, but if that is the case why not speculate on the other BCS teams we're in negotiations with? There are other big names many of us have heard USF is working on, no mention of them just the ones he thought would stir the hen house.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bien,

I think this is you're answer

Posted by  Brett McMurphy,  on 09/13  at  07:37 PM

Mike and Gary, my point was if you’re going to play 3 non-BCS schools each year (which right now is USF’s plan), the UCF game would seem a logical choice based on it be a better draw than Buffalo, WKU, Ball St. Now if USF only plays 2 non-BCS teams a year (including Div. I-AA team), then you could argue it doesn’t need to be UCF. But if your argument is USF doesn’t need to play UCF because USF is above UCF, etc.; then why should UM play USF? Sure USF and UM are both BCS, but they’re at two different levels. Brad, not sure what your question was, but I put in a public records request for the schedule. That’s it. If it had revealed USF was discussing home-and-home series with USC and Arizona State, would it have made any difference?

Maybe, but if that is the case why not speculate on the other BCS teams we're in negotiations with? There are other big names many of us have heard USF is working on, no mention of them just the ones he thought would stir the hen house.

They weren't glossed over.  They were mentioned (the existing BCS arrangements that is), but I think at this point we've sort of filled our BCS docket for the next few years with some great matchups.  Now we need to backfill it with some easier to win games.  Certainly the article was geared towards Non-BCS and I-AA teams.  Our BCS accomplishments have been pretty well chronicled.

Also, this is UCF week so....well, you'd obviously have to expect a UCF-related article somewhat in this vein.  I think UCF was a vehicle to talk about Non-BCS future scheduling.  I doubt the same article would be raised Kansas week for instance.

Bien,

I think this is you're answer

Posted by  Brett McMurphy,  on 09/13  at  07:37 PM

Mike and Gary, my point was if you’re going to play 3 non-BCS schools each year (which right now is USF’s plan), the UCF game would seem a logical choice based on it be a better draw than Buffalo, WKU, Ball St. Now if USF only plays 2 non-BCS teams a year (including Div. I-AA team), then you could argue it doesn’t need to be UCF. But if your argument is USF doesn’t need to play UCF because USF is above UCF, etc.; then why should UM play USF? Sure USF and UM are both BCS, but they’re at two different levels. Brad, not sure what your question was, but I put in a public records request for the schedule. That’s it. If it had revealed USF was discussing home-and-home series with USC and Arizona State, would it have made any difference?

I agree with Brett's logic there EXCEPT if USF gets 2 for 1 deals with the opponents.  Then it is certainly a better financial deal (7 home games), but obviously a bummer that fans need to actually sit through three of those dogs a year.

Say what you want about the UCF game -- love it or leave it -- but to me (IMHO) it has more interest for me and at least a subset (not all) fans as better than a game with Buffalo or Kent State or Grambling.