• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT should be ASHAMED

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

My personal opinion is that spectators sitting in the East (at least a section away from the band) and those in the South end do not get the full impact if any from H.O.T..  
I sit on the east side a couple of sections from the band (238) and they are still loud at that point.  The FIU band was heard but not very loud from my seats.  The trouble with putting the band in the south end zone is that it would be too close to the visitor's band (dueling banjoes anyone?). :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

there are far too many band threads on this message board lately

if this keeps up, they will get their own forum

http://herdofthunder.proboards102.com

The free board I made in the spring.  No one really uses it though....

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Just for you Twirly... I'm going to make sure I get a bloody lip from playing this week.  Thats the only step higher in sound for most of our members... busting our chops!  

SO.... any louder and my lip will vibrate so fast it splits.  It almost happened at the FIU game... but I'll go all out now....

AWESOME! I can't wait to hear the difference!  ;D

Don't worry you guys are sounding great this year. The only thing I can think of that is giving the impression of not being loud is the music choice. The Emperor's March that FIU played so much is a chilling and ominous piece and it has an affect that isn't just from volume. The HOT tends to play a more fun style of music that the students dance and sing to, maybe mix in a few pieces that have a more "evil" or "battle march" feel to them and you can keep your lip intact while still getting the affect.

Also, the half time show.....just GREAT! Best one I've ever heard played by the HOT!

Just for you Twirly... I'm going to make sure I get a bloody lip from playing this week.  Thats the only step higher in sound for most of our members... busting our chops!  

SO.... any louder and my lip will vibrate so fast it splits.  It almost happened at the FIU game... but I'll go all out now....

AWESOME! I can't wait to hear the difference!  ;D

Don't worry you guys are sounding great this year. The only thing I can think of that is giving the impression of not being loud is the music choice. The Emperor's March that FIU played so much is a chilling and ominous piece and it has an affect that isn't just from volume. The HOT tends to play a more fun style of music that the students dance and sing to, maybe mix in a few pieces that have a more "evil" or "battle march" feel to them and you can keep your lip intact while still getting the affect.

Also, the half time show.....just GREAT! Best one I've ever heard played by the HOT!

I'll literally bleed green and gold this Sat...

Good point with the music.... we shall see

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

I will say that sitting in section 113, we were closer to the FIU band  and heard them louder.  However, usually we hear HOT perfectly!!!  I think the band has made tremendous growth and is doing a fantastic job!!!

Well, it does make sense that you would hear them when you are next to them.

Thanks Bubbles!

Good news

No other bands visiting RJS that we know, everyone will hear our band then!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Nice back-peddling after everyone schools you on this thread.  So why don't you explain away your title of "HOT should be ASHAMED"????  So they should be ashamed about where they sit?  You should be ASHAMED that you don't have tickets in a place that you can hear the band.  

Twinkiebull SHOULD BE ASHAMED.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I agree Faza... I've thought about it before many time.  I've been planing on talking to ASRC about it when they meet.  

I can't wait for the "Faza Marching Band Center"... I know you only go with the best.

Nah... I think I'll call it the USF03 Marching Band Center.

BTW if you want advice for ASRC let me know. It's really more about how good of a rapport you have with the members, coupled with their natural fiscal leanings... i.e. Dave Armstrong might not be the best one to go to first on that.....

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

how bout having the band facing different directions.  it was posted here on a previous thread that the band changes the location it faces each game.  why not have it so that one side is facing the south endzone, one facing the fans in the middle, and one facing the student endzone?  with 250 kids it could be done.  it would just take for 3 drum majors to be directing each side, but i know that alot of schools have more than 2 drum majors as the band gets bigger.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THE STANDS.... RIGHT????????????????????????????????

Not when we play on the field..... right?

yes i was talking about in the stands, maybe having part of the band face a certain way will get the band heard thru more of the stadium.  as it is where i sit in the student section, right by the tunnel the visiting team comes out of, when the students are going nuts, its hard to hear the HOT.  maybe they should be mic'd and played on the loud speaker, solves all of the problems.