• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF tight end Bleakley arrested on DUI charge

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

And as for saying I'm equating him to a thug, call it what you'd like, but the fact is he broke a law, and that makes him (no matter how small the penalty is) a law breaker.  Now, do I need to explain that one as well?

Keep equating him to a thug ..... That makes your stance look even more ridiculous.

I made it clear up there that it was just me not making a big deal out of something that probably happens to regular college students daily. It's part of college. It was a stupid MISTAKE but you guys are acting like he raped and killed a coed.

Did you all live at home during college??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Keep equating him to a thug ..... That makes your stance look even more ridiculous.

[smiley=snore.gif]

Well, what more can I say?  Something about casting pearls before swine maybe, but nah.  It's been nice talking with you, Triple_B.  And thanks for reassuring me of what great shape our nation's moral compass is in these days!!

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

[smiley=snore.gif]

Well, what more can I say?  Something about casting pearls before swine maybe, but nah.  It's been nice talking with you, Triple_B.  And thanks for reassuring me of what great shape our nation's moral compass is in these days!!

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

College kids drinking and smoking weed has now affected our nation's moral compass ...... Maybe I AM the one out of touch and we're being taken over by Church Ladies.

Church%20Lady-fingers%20on%20table-780853.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

[smiley=snore.gif]

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

College kids drinking and smoking weed has now affected our nation's moral compass ...... Maybe I AM the one out of touch and we're being taken over by Church Ladies.

yeah because none of that stuff happened in the 60's or 70's.........

[smiley=snore.gif]

[smiley=dankk2.gif]

yeah because none of that stuff happened in the 60's or 70's.........

or the 30's or 40's or 50's ....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Schools and the NCAA make all student athletes sign large amounts of papers that include a drug/alcohol policy. As far as alcohol goes, it usually is handled on a school by school basis. Underage drinking has much stricter penalties.

What I'm saying is, before this past offseason, we had TONS of credibility as a tidy program.

I would like to commend all the Kanigits, who I'm sure have been silently salivating over this thread, for having the willpower to let this slide by.    

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

What I'm saying is, before this past offseason, we had TONS of credibility as a tidy program.

I would like to commend all the Kanigits, who I'm sure have been silently salivating over this thread, for having the willpower to let this slide by.    

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

They really cant say anything they had 2 players get into a fight IN A CLASS a couple years back.....

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

HELLO!?!?

1) Driving while having consumed alcohol or any drug(legal or illegal(even more stupid)) is stupid. A good way to get yourself or someone else hurt or killed.

2) I'm sorry, but a D1-A team during the season should have a much tighter curfew and internal discipline than what we are exhibiting.

3) Anyone of AGE(21yr+) knows that you shouldn't even consider having more than one drink and then drive during the early hours of a major national holiday.....the roads are going to be crawling with cops. Plus, see #1.

Well said!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

It has been scientifically proven that most people are impaired at a .08 breath alcohol level.

And it has been far more consistently proven that using a mobile phone while driving impairs a driver more than the most common levels of intoxication.

far more consistently? cell phones have been around how long? so are you saying they both impair the ability of a driver to pay attention to what they are supposed to be doing? (driving a car?) I would agree with that.

Furthermore, 65% of accidents are caused by individuals with over a .15 and there's no evidence (Freeman 2005, S. Levitt per a personal email to me) the .08 limit forced on states has had any impact whatsoever on fatalities, indeed, DUI fatality rates have remained constant since about 1997.

This does not address the evidence that a person IS impaired at .08 and I think we agree that impaired drivers are not desireable on the roads?

But you know all that, and I'm sure you know about the notoriously inaccurate nature of Breathalyzers in general, so I won't even bring that up. I would advise any diabetics or those on the Atkins diet to refrain from Breathalyzers, as even the NHTSA admits this.  Breathalyzers assume an average crit level that is in no way the same in every individual; women are particularly at risk of false positives since a machine that assumes a crit of 47% is rating at the very top of where the average woman would be (most women are 35-47% crit).

Breathalyzers are pretty accurate but are only used for DUI AFTER an arrest in Florida. An arrest based on probable cause determined by an officer on the scene so your next point is moot.

But again, you know all that.

If you truly think MADD is a terroist organization (like the PLO, HAMAS, IRA, or Al Queda) may I suggest AA?

"[...] activities designed to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a government through intimidation or coercion,[...]" Title 18, U.S.C.

Threatening to withhold needed highway dollars for the implementation of a state policy is the very definition of coercion.

So now coercion = terroism?  So by your definition all laws should be terriosm if they try to coerce people to behave a certain way by intimidating a civilian population with the threat of withholding dollars or even jailing offenders?  pretty easy takedown on that argument.. this if fun! :)

Look, I love cops, and trust them, so much so that I TRUST THEM MORE THAN I TRUST A MACHINE. Not to mention field tests allow the official to spend more time with the suspect and get a better bearing on his or her faculties. Unfortunately, due to being in a hurry, or whatever, it seems that it's "pull 'em over and get 'em to blow" nowadays.. it certainly has been in my case (and every time, I was stone cold sober... but read .02...)

Hmmmmm... I think I see the problem here.....    ::) ;D