• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A couple of observations

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

zook's problems had very little to do with Grossman.  Zooks problems were losses to Tenn, loses in the Outback bowl, losses to doormat Miss St.  

Zook went 7-4.....at a school that won 5 straight SEC titles

He was in a real tough spot.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ari that was the most wrong thing you said so far.

1) Zook beat Tennessee his 1st year

2) He went 8-5 his 1st year at UF

3) UF didn't win the SEC the year before Zook got there, Tennessee did.

Zook was thrown under the matt by trying to make Grossman a varied Shotgun- West Coast Offense QB from the beginning. I've heard that rant 2938498 times from my father so don't go there.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Zook got thrown under the bus because he wasn't spurrier.

And I'd like to think Urban Myer copied the Bulls offense with MB, after we destroyed his #25 ranked bowling green team, when he was the offensive coordinator.  But that could just be me looking through my green and gold glasses.

Meyer was the Head Coach when we DESTROYED #25 BGSU that year. They ran the spread option then, I think it was a combo of John L. Smith and Sonny Lubick at Colorado State who helped create the idea of the Spread Option in big time college football

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Ari,

If you had gone to Florida v. Tennessee or another top 25 team over USF v. McNeese State I might agree with you.

Then you are as fickle a fan as Ari is ........ You are a fan of a school or you're not. If you're a fan you go to watch YOUR school play, doesn;t matter who they're playing.

I mistakenly at first thought Ari was just crying out for attention ..... it appears to be a deeper problem.

I wouldn't personally go...He said he went because of "big game atmosphere." I'm sure it's a nice atmosphere, but So Miss and Florida is NOT a big game and that excuse is worthless.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Zook's problems at Florida began the moment he hired Ed Zaunbrecher to be the offensive coordinatr.  

While Zaunbrecher is a great guy, he's no offensive genius, having previously served as the head coach at University of Louisiana - Monroe, whose only claim to fame under Zaunbrecher, was being featured on a 60 Minutes Segment about terrible college football teams who were prostituting themselves for large paychecks...

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

He lost to Tenn 2 of the 3 years he was at Florida.

He got beat by almost 40 by Miami in the Swamp.

He went 7-4 in the regular season his final year.

You act like I don't know anything.

And Rex Grossman was not that great.  He was good.  

Ron Zook's problem was that he wasnt a very good coach.  Probably the reason Spurier demoted him.

And I would take Blackwell over Grossman.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Ari,

If you had gone to Florida v. Tennessee or another top 25 team over USF v. McNeese State I might agree with you.

Then you are as fickle a fan as Ari is ........ You are a fan of a school or you're not. If you're a fan you go to watch YOUR school play, doesn;t matter who they're playing.

I mistakenly at first thought Ari was just crying out for attention ..... it appears to be a deeper problem.

His deeper problem is that he thinks he's a USF fan when he's really a Gator.  Fans don't buy season tickets to another school instead of their own.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't personally go...He said he went because of "big game atmosphere." I'm sure it's a nice atmosphere, but So Miss and Florida is NOT a big game and that excuse is worthless.

Yup, it was nothing more than some garbage excuse of a wannabe.  He isn't a USF fan.  Period.