• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Again, you have a serious disconnect with reality.  Your posts which suggests that the gulf of talent is so huge that none of our players could start for you is simply ignorant.

If you talent level is THAT high, you should have more than 4 players in the NFL, or is your position that all your incredible talent JUST arrived at USF?

I'm sure your linebackers are very good, but declaring that ALL THREE will be first day choices is more than a little optimistic...They may all three end up in the NFL, yes, but a formal declaration that all three will be first day selections?  Get real.

If the talent gap between I-A and I-AA is that huge, how did a little rinky dink school like us ever get any players in the Pros?  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

I'm sure you have some very good players.  As far as players in the NFL, you've been playing football for over 50 years.  We've been playing for only 9 years, 5 as a 1A team.

The point is that some of your posters have proffered the notion that there is such a huge talent gulf between a team like yours and a team like ours, that there are no players on a I-AA team that could start for a I-A team.

IF the talent gulf is that large, then why is it that you only have four players in the NFL, after playing at the lofty I-A level for the last five years?

During that same time frame, we've sent 5 to the NFL, including a second round draft choice, who - by the logic displayed above - apparently couldn't have been reasonably expected to even start at USF?

I'm not knocking USF, just merely pointing out the ignorance about the difference between I-AA and I-A talent.  

Just to properly frame the question of any alleged gulf, answer this for me:  Did your players get exponentially better the year you moved from I-AA to I-A, simply because you dropped a letter from your designation, or did you get superior depth because you got 22 more scholarships to offer.

The answer is pretty easy.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The point is that some of your posters have proffered the notion that there is such a huge talent gulf between a team like yours and a team like ours, that there are no players on a I-AA team that could start for a I-A team.

IF the talent gulf is that large, then why is it that you only have four players in the NFL, after playing at the lofty I-A level for the last five years?

During that same time frame, we've sent 5 to the NFL, including a second round draft choice, who - by the logic displayed above - apparently couldn't have been reasonably expected to even start at USF?

I'm not knocking USF, just merely pointing out the ignorance about the difference between I-AA and I-A talent.  

Just to properly frame the question of any alleged gulf, answer this for me:  Did your players get exponentially better the year you moved from I-AA to I-A, simply because you dropped a letter from your designation, or did you get superior depth because you got 22 more scholarships to offer.

The answer is pretty easy.

Actually the quality of player we could attract increased when we jumped to I-A, not instantly but over the last five years.  There is a talent gap whether you admit it or not, and the depth at those positions means the talent gets rested.  When we were I-AA BTW we played our share of ranked teams.  It was funny because we would always lose the first meeting and come back to beat the crap out of them the next year as we were growing so fast.   The only teams that have eluded us (and mainly because of scheduling) is Hofstra and GA Southern.  I think those are 2 I-AA teams all USF fans would be happy to talk smack about and beat into submission.  They had a-hole fans.  Other than yourself, Mcneese fans seem way too nice.

Heck, most of our current NFL players were here or were recruited/transferred when we were I-AA.  I think certain skill positions Leavitt looks for don't always work in the NFL.  There is a great number of I-AA NFL starters/players out there from many schools.  I think a lot of "florida" skill position players end up having size and character issues for NFL teams.  But in college speed kills.

Now here is the thriller.  A few years ago Nichols State's option gave us some trouble, but the game was still in hand by the end.  It just turned out not to be a fun game to watch.

I see, so a nice opposing fan is one who doesn't take exception to slight and one who doesn't correct your misconceptions?  Gotcha, well....I don't think I'm going to have much success as a "nice" I-AA fan.  

I don't recall if we've ever played Hofstra, but we've handled Ga. Southern relatively well.  Yes, they do like to talk smack.  It would be fun if they were good at it ;)

I recall your 27-17 win over Nicholls.  Despite being 5-6 that year, they did give some people fits with the option.   We had trouble with them in the first quarter, too, with a final score of 63-28, the game was never really in doubt...