• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three Starters Facing Suspensions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You guys are rediculous. Yes it's wrong and they do deserve suspensions, but you're acting like they murdered someone...again.

I'm sure there a re a lot more members on this team that do it and just didn't get caught. Whatever age they are, they are still kids...see my upper post for more of what I mean.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

But Joe,

Some people have different opinions. I will trust in whatever Leavitt & Woolard decide.

But the bottom line is that it was selfish and they put themselves ahead of the team. FACT!

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Joe, what you aren't getting is that this will continue to happen if strict punishment is not taken.  You may not agree with many of us that believe a second failed drug test is one too many, but we only seek to have a stronger program with athletes that know they cannot do drugs.  I do NOT want to hear about other players doing drugs, because I want them all to fear losing their free ride.  The attitude that they can do wahtever they want does not support a healthy athletic program.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

It's about time to STAMPEDE the Athletics Office and demand some changes.  This is ridiculous.

smells like troll....

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I thought the same thing when I read it...

E.T.

Opinions aside our LEGAL system finds this violation to be a few hours of community service. It is only when your on probation for a pervious crime do you actually have jail time for such a violation.

Your talking about three guys who have worked their buts off for a few seasons now. Taking pictures with fans, signing autographs, etc. Then studying during mandated study times (required as freshman) Giving up their weekends in the fall when most other USF kids are going out and partying.

Yes they do it for a scholarship, but how is it any more selfish than any other kid on the team going out an getting ripped, coming to practice hung over? He's taking away from the optimum and precious practice time that the NCAA allows these teams to have.

Or the kid that fakes an injury so he doesn't have to practice or have heavy contact? (it happens)

Or the kid who cheats on a test or other class so he doesn't have to work as hard as other student athletes? (It happens)

Human nature in inherently selfish. These kids are not thinking about the team when they are lighting up because it's one of their few moments away from the team. Is it stupid for them to do, yes.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Some of you guys just don't get it.

It's not about condoning what these kids have done...it's about doing what is right for the university.  Nobody is bigger than the university. USF is in the process of doing the right thing. They were handling things internally as evidenced by the appeals process currently underway. However, it should have been USF's decision when to break this story NOT A BUNCH OF WANNABE REPORTERS ON A MESSAGE BOARD who don't have a clue.

IMO, this puts the university in a defensive position, when they were clearly doing everything right, including protecting the confidentiality of the student.

Sounds to me that some of you for the sakes of "breaking news" would likely publish our game plans if you were somehow able to get a hold of them. Don't laugh b/c this happened in the Big12 a few years ago.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Joe,

Bottom Line is that USF has rules ... and if you break the rules, you get punished. They knew this and risked it. Now they have to take the punishment, as they are.

They did work their butts off and all the other things you mentioned. And they did the crime, now they will do the time.

USF has nothing to do with the legal system. And our legal system would do nothing ... not a crime to get high. But it is at USF.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"If anybody did [violate team rules]," Leavitt said, "I wouldn't tell you anyway. I wouldn't even tell you if a guy violated any rules. It would never happen. That's between me and this football team."  

USF assistant athletic director John Gerdes said "we will announce any suspensions when we deem appropriate."

Good for them .......... Screw the press on stuff like this.

we all knew moises plancher couldnt beat out ponton

we all knew hearing that ponton battling for #2 spot didnt make sense

it was obvious something was up

now it makes sense

Joe, what you aren't getting is that this will continue to happen if strict punishment is not taken.  You may not agree with many of us that believe a second failed drug test is one too many, but we only seek to have a stronger program with athletes that know they cannot do drugs.  I do NOT want to hear about other players doing drugs, because I want them all to fear losing their free ride.  The attitude that they can do wahtever they want does not support a healthy athletic program.

Mike, what you are getting is that this will happen no matter what the punishment is. I agree a 1st failed drug test is too many and a 6 game suspension is a good way to set an example. You can give these kids a no holds barred policy and they will do it. They're kids, they do it in their houses. They don't think they'll get caught. ANd if they do they'll go somewhere else.

EVERY athletic program allows kids to stick around with suspensions. It's a big part of running college athletic department is handling what to do with these issues. Before the season a drug test is given and students are required to sign a wavier saying they don't do a list list of 147 banned substances.

As you get these better players to help build this program, you're going to get the prima donnas that have been spoon fed since they were deemed to be good football players. They might get the fear of God from every coach on every staff and there is nothing you're going to do about it. It happens at Notre Dame, Stanford, Harvard, and Yale.

Suspensions should be levied and very hard suspensions.