• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Testing your loyalty time

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

1) Is it okay to stay home and watch a game on TV when you could have made arrangements to go?

Depends on how much of a hardship those arrangements would have been. If it's sheer laziness (if you're in your residence hall while we play in the sun dome AND you get in free as a student), then no. But if something else stands in the way, at least you're still watching.

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?

Not okay for me,but hey, whatever floats your boat.

3) Is it okay to own and or don other college team's parafanalia when you're a Bulls fan?

Absolutely. Particularly if you've got a legitimate tie to the other schools--long time follower/fan, alma mater, etc.

4) Is it okay to still be a FSU, UF, or Miami fan while being a Bulls fan?

Yes. I had several fellow grad students when I was there whose alma mater was one of the big three. I think it would be lack of integrity on their part to abandon their other school just because they're at USF now. Hell, they can even put the other team first, I know that, all things being equal, I root for my undergrad institution before USF. If you've only ever attended USF, however, the other school must be subordinate.

5) Is it okay to berate the Bulls' coaches, players, and USF personnel on a message board?  

Criticize, sure. "berating" I'd steer clear of.

6) Is it okay to consistently be negative about USF athletics and still be a Bulls fan?

Only if the "negativity" is constructive criticism, though if it's consistent, chances are it isn't.

7) Do you feel USF athletics, including coaches, players and staff, owe you something, like maybe the "truth" about such and such?

They owe me WINS!! j/k, but they'd sure be nice!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?  Might as well stay home to begin with ... I HATE that when people leave early. (Unless your wife is having a baby) Stay and support YOUR team through the good times as well as the bad.

Good Lord!  Let's hope THAT doesn't happen during this season!!!!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Since nobody is prolly reading this, it will be an exercise in post count building.

1) Is it okay to stay home and watch a game on TV when you could have made arrangements to go?

Only if it is not financially prudent

2) Is it okay to walk out of a USF sporting event 15 or more minutes before it's over (when you could have stayed)?

Under the correct circumstances, like a D1AA football shallacking or a basketball blowout in which all hope is lost and there are more important tasks to take care of.  Leaving a FB game vs. a D1A team down by less than 4 TDs b4 mid 4th quarter, the answer is still no!  More than 4 TDs with 15 actual mins not game mins then I say yes.  3 TD deficits you can leave in the final 2 mins but you must walk slow on the aisle round RJS and watch as you walk.

3) Is it okay to own and or don other college team's parafanalia when you're a Bulls fan?

No and neither is it for any of your children less than the age of 12.

Yes, as long as they are not competing vs USF it is acceptable.

5) Is it okay to berate the Bulls' coaches, players, and USF personnel on a message board?  

Yea when some one F's up then they are free game but personal attacks are a no no.

6) Is it okay to consistently be negative about USF athletics and still be a Bulls fan?

If you are consistently negative, get another team 'cuz u ain't a fan.

7) Do you feel USF athletics, including coaches, players and staff, owe you something, like maybe the "truth" about such and such?

As a ticket purchaser, they owe me an honest effort on the field fo play and to recruit to the best of thier ability.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Yes.  That all depends on if the money is available to make the trip.  Broke college student here, so I'm stuck home for most away games.

No.  I've done it once because I went with some friends and they were they ones driving.  Needless to say, I don't go with them anymore.

Well, if you're a fan of the other team it's ok.  One can have more than one team.  I have FSU attire, however, I NEVER EVER wear it when I'm going to an USF event or even to classes, that's just wrong!

FSU was the 1st school I got into, and I have been following them for a few years so I'm also a Nole fan.  However, USF is my #1 and IF we ever play them, I will definetely be rooting for the Bulls!!

That all depends on whether they deserve it.  If they're not performing then of course we'll be mad and go ***** on message boards to other fans.

No.  Actually, it's not even good to be consitently negative about anything.  Go see a shrink.

No.  They don't owe me anything.  All I want them to do is try their hardest.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I wonder why Smazza has not commented on this yet ::)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

If they where your kids down there how would you feel ?

Big huge caveat of 'if they were my kids'.

To begin with, I don't have kids. I suppose - if I did - I would be there to

see MY KID play, and being honest, not overly focused on - or concerned with -

others.

Face it...everyone playing sports is someone's kid. Even 30 year old line-backers

have parents.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

If they where your kids down there how would you feel ?

If it was my kid down there, people watching or not shouldn't affect his desire to play or I'd bent his/her ear or bite 'em in the ass and advise them to get another hobby.  Fans at a game are gravy/dessert.  If kids truly luv the sport they are playing, then they will play infront of nobody, zero fans.  They will still luv it and wanna continue to do it.  I wonder if Ben Moffit cares if people/non-family are in the stands or not.  I'd assume not.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

That's a good point, Doug.

Besides...I've seen the back of your shiny head waltzing down the gangway a time or two  ;)

A good example....wrestling.

Back in the day...the only people who showed up were some - and I mean some - of our parents. That gym was completely deserted. But it didn't diminish our enthusiasm for participating.

No.  (This assumes there are not special circumstances not involving health and safety.)

No.

Yes, except when on campus or at a USF event.  This does not apply to UCF gear.

It can be tolerated depending on the relative level of fan-ness.  At no time may you root for the other school when it adversely affects USF (including from an SOS or BCS perspective).

Under special circumstances, yes.  As to what those are, it depends on the sport.

One can not be a fan of anything about which one is constantly negative.  The two conepts are diametrically opposed.  One can be negative at times, in expressing frustration and disappointment.  However, to be continually negative is, be definition, not a fan.

Yes, although not that example.  As a fan who buys tickets and logo-items, thereby providing some financial support, USF athletics owes me by putting the best possible product forward.  The players owe me to give it their all - win or lose.  The coaches owe me by preparing their players and teaching them both to excel at their sport but to be good people.