• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will spurrier beat gators

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

a second straight time

Guest Toolio(Guest)

Florida is clearly more talented, but anything can happen. Last year, injuries piled up on an already thin WR corps and that was a major difference against South Carolina. Turnovers were also a major difference. UF was something like +20 last year in turnovers but I think was -3 in that game.

Since the game is towards the end of the season, it's hard to say who's "system" will be in place the most by that time.

But with the game being in Gainesville, you have to give UF a serious edge in that game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

I'll be pulling for the cocks ... now that doesn't sound good  ;)

But sure the filter will make it sound wierd  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i am pulling for spurrier also

i remember having my 49er spurrier  jersey as a kid

Guest toolio(Guest)
I think he will.  He he is just a better coach then meyer.

It'll be interesting to see how Meyer's resume looks in another 10 years. He's certainly coming along at a pace similar to Spurrier's.

BTW, I think UF will beat USC this year... possibly by a decent margin. A lot will depend on injuries and whatnot as the season progresses.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

USC has been anything but impressive so far this year.  They barely put up points against MSU and then got blanked by UGA.  UF probably has a better D than either of those teams and a much better offense than both of those teams.  I could see UF winning this one by several TD's

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

Florida looks really good this year they have a lot of polishing to do but with rotating 11 recievers and the running we saw out of tebow (though he was running against one of the worst defenses he'll see all year) Steve is in trouble and the Vols better be on their best game next week too. All of the recievers have the speed to wear out any teams backs and there are just too many options to cover with tebow in there. If they dont make any mistakes im not sure there is a team in the country that could beat them. But with 4 turnovers against UCF I think they will selfdestruct with the hellish schedule they have.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think they will this year.

Guest toolio(Guest)
If they dont make any mistakes im not sure there is a team in the country that could beat them. But with 4 turnovers against UCF I think they will selfdestruct with the hellish schedule they have.

That'll be interesting to see. Last year, I think UF was +33 in turnover margin. This year, they are -2 so far. I think it comes with the territory with being more "big play" oriented. The defense was also better last year about forcing turnovers. I guess we'll just to see how it plays out now that we're in the conference schedule.

One of the major issues against USC last year was that we weren't able to force turnovers.